Author Topic: OT- Black Dynamite, is it wrong for wanting to see this movie???  (Read 6566 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT- Black Dynamite, is it wrong for wanting to see this movie???
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 04:10:24 PM »
Philly is on the list of cities showing this film...lucky.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 04:27:32 PM »
Because it is "blaxploitation."   I happen to love these movies.  But people can get offended by the material.

So what do we call Joe Dirt or Larry the Cable Guy?  ;D
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 04:30:02 PM »
X3, have you seen Baaadaasss?  It's the movie about the making of the first blaxploitation movie, Sweet Sweetback's Badass Song.   I've never seen the original but still enjoyed the later movie.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
X3, have you seen Baaadaasss?  It's the movie about the making of the first blaxploitation movie, Sweet Sweetback's Badass Song.   I've never seen the original but still enjoyed the later movie.

never seen but will have to look it up now.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 09:34:45 PM »
I enjoyed the blaxploitation spoof "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" back in the early 90's.   I think this one looks pretty good too.  Actually the cinematography in Black Dynamite looks more like the real movies so it has an edge there.   

Have you guys seen that movie with Damon Waynes where he is a TV producer and puts on this horribly racist TV show that everybody buys into and wears "black face" in the live studio audience?  It's very over the top, not quite "I'm gonna get you sucka" but it's close.  I only caught a few moments of it between pre-season basketball but it was kinda funny in a very odd way.

Bamboozled one of the lesser known spike lee works.

jemagee

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »
Because it is "blaxploitation."   I happen to love these movies.  But people can get offended by the material.

So what do we call Joe Dirt or Larry the Cable Guy?  ;D

Crap?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 03:03:48 PM »
WK, this is for you.

Black Dynamite score documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Uk0tJMbdo&feature=player_embedded#