Author Topic: Sixers Vs Nets - 10/9 - 7pm  (Read 4086 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers Vs Nets - 10/9 - 7pm
« on: October 09, 2009, 12:58:21 PM »
This game is being broadcasted on Sixers.com.  Does anyone know if there will be video?  or is it just sound? 

The Nets have some shooters and Devin Harris is a hand full.  I'm also interested to see how Dalembert and Speights approach Lopez.  On the other side, I really don't see anyone on NJ who can contain Young and Iguodala, so I'd expect them to have decent showings.  Hopefully Jrue gets a little run with some starters this time.

jemagee

Re: Sixers Vs Nets - 10/9 - 7pm
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 12:59:16 PM »
I'm interested to see HOliday on Harris defensively since that's his strong suit...

Less turnovers and being strong on the glass

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 01:22:18 PM »
I'm not even sure we'll get to see Holiday vs. Harris.  I doubt they are on the floor together.  Holiday vs. Alson/Dooling is more likely. 

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »
Just found out the Sixers.com broadcast is audio only.  Weak sauce. 

If anyone finds a feed for tonight's game, please kindly share the love  8)

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 01:26:46 PM »
I'm not even sure we'll get to see Holiday vs. Harris.  I doubt they are on the floor together.  Holiday vs. Alson/Dooling is more likely.

If i'm the coach in pre-season - i MAKE SURE i get that match up - throw holiday in the deep end defensively and see how he comes out...harris is one of the better points in the east and in the sixers divsion...better see if someone can get in his way...and better show Holiday how far he might have to go...for me - it's a learning experience for the kid and that's what part of training camp is - i throw him in acgainst harris purposely.

But maybe i'm a mean coach...i yell a lot when i coach :)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 02:07:01 PM »
hopefully EJ thinks the same way.  Personally, I'd like to see it.  Any word on whether or not Carney is gonna play in this one? 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 03:33:53 PM »
I'm assuming it will be on justintv, if there is a video feed from the game. Since it's at home and CSN isn't covering it, there may not be one.  Doubt if the Nets are sending a video crew down.

Philly always seems to have a tough time with NJ. One of the signs that the Sixers are better, will be if they blow out the Nets like the sorry team they are.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 03:59:41 PM »
Its not on CSN or YES, so I doubt there will be any video.

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 04:41:18 PM »
From what I"ve read - no video - but it will be online audio on sixers.com which i guess is better than nothing :)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 05:47:10 PM »
No Carney, Swift, or Ivey tonight.  Should mean more minutes for Holiday. 

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 08:47:01 PM »
We won.  I checked the score in the 3rd and we were down by 15.  Elton Brand hit the go ahead game winner with 7 secs left. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 09:27:52 PM »
Sixers were down by 14 starting the 4th quarter after being up by one at the half.  It was not very impressive for them to fall back so fast in the 3rd, but it was even more impressive that they were able to come back in the 4th, and score 38 points and win by one!

They couldn't beat NJ at all last season, and they made a lot of mistakes this game as they had in Toronto two nights ago. They are managing to overcome their errors and poor shooting with some timely performances.

Speights put up 16 pts. 7 boards and 2 assists and played most of the 4th all in just under 21 minutes. Sixers managed 6 players in double figures, with only Brand and Iguodala playing over 30 min.  Andre had a very poor shooting night, but was integral to their success at the end.  Jason Kapono hit a huge timely 3 pointer to even up the score shortly before the end. Brand of course, put in the game winner.

That's 3 preseason wins for the Sixers, this time overcoming a very poor showing by Dalembert.  It is good that the Sixers are learning Eddie's system against relatively weak teams. Hopefully they will have a chance to work the kinks out before the regular season starts.  Still, the Sixers only shot 41.6% for the game while NJ shot 49.3, to be able to win under those circumstances says a lot about their ability to outplay another team even when they're missing.

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 11:45:26 AM »
Winning or losing a pre season game is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned...what matters is the specific performance of the players...Young stepped up and got some rebounds tonight so that's good - Sam still stinks - that's not surprising - turnovers are up - and I can't tell if Sam breaks the princeton offense or they just aren't getting it.

I'm also disappointed that Jordan isn't using this more to get holidays feet wet - would have liked to see how he defended a guy like devin harris last night