Author Topic: Bad NBA Contracts  (Read 798 times)

jemagee

Bad NBA Contracts
« on: November 24, 2009, 11:47:15 PM »
Without looking into it too deeply - I can't think of a long term deal that currently goes (i mean mcgrady expires this year, dalembert and curry next year) on for a few years than Gilbert Areanas?

I'm probably forgetting someone - and I know Brand is bad, but Arenas got like max dollars didn't he? 

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bad NBA Contracts
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 01:36:29 AM »
Arenas is making big bucks, not sure of the total, but it is close to 100 million.  It is possible that is the worst contract.  At the same time Arenas is only 27 right now, and he will be only 32 when the contract ends.  So he is entering his prime.  I don't believe he was a max contract guy to begin with, but if you are going to pay max money you want it for the peak years.  There have been a lot of other players nowhere near as good, who signed contracts for similar money, and were older.  With two injury riddled years behind him, and if that is the future then this is clearly the worst contract out there.  If on the other hand he progresses like a 25 year old with his stats typically does from 28-32 then it is far from the worst contract out there.

Washington is off to a poor start.  I still believe that once they get everyone healthy they will be one of the top 4-5 teams in the east.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil