Author Topic: So 'Shaq Vs' was stolen from Steve Nash, WOW  (Read 2756 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
So 'Shaq Vs' was stolen from Steve Nash, WOW
« on: August 21, 2009, 12:29:23 AM »
"The most entertaining part of the new reality show, "Shaq Vs."? The credits. Executive producer: Steve Nash. Shaquille O'Neal stole Nash's idea. Shortly after O'Neal was traded to the Suns in February 2008, Nash mentioned to his new teammate a reality show he was pursuing. It would feature the Suns point guard taking on professional athletes in their own sport. The topic didn't come up again until early in the 2008-09 season, when O'Neal boarded the Suns bus and told the team he would be starring in a new reality show in which he would be taking on, you got it, professional athletes in their own sport. "You mean the idea you stole from me?" one Suns representative said he heard Nash say. Nash eventually sought out an entertainment lawyer, according to sources, which is why he now has an executive-producer credit and the compensation that comes with it. When reached Wednesday, Nash would not confirm the story."

Source: Arizona Republic
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: So 'Shaq Vs' was stolen from Steve Nash, WOW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 12:27:31 PM »
Wait....he got a lawyer.......and settled for a credit????  WEAK! 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 12:43:18 PM »
Snaq was interviewed and asked why he texted Kobe after the Finals win with congratulations.
"I've always given props my entire career, that's just me."

Stay classy, Shaq.  What a liar.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 02:07:21 PM »
There's been a show like this on the Travel channel the past two years.  Dhani Tackles the Globe features NFL Lineback Dhani Jones going around the globe and taking on people in there chosen sports. 

And for the record, if Shaq tried some of the sports Jones has participated in it would be fun only for the sight of watching Shaq pass out from exhaustion. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 02:09:29 PM by jn »
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 02:22:42 PM »
There's been a show like this on the Travel channel the past two years.  Dhani Tackles the Globe features NFL Lineback Dhani Jones going around the globe and taking on people in there chosen sports. 

And for the record, if Shaq tried some of the sports Jones has participated in it would be fun only for the sight of watching Shaq pass out from exhaustion. 

Like that show...I don't watch shows too often but what I did see was cool.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 02:52:30 PM »

Credit and a pay check.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 03:03:13 PM »

Credit and a pay check.

I hope he got paid, puting his name as a producer does not mean paycheck, but for his sake I would hope that would be the deal....

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 05:55:11 PM »
I'm not going to be interested in this show at all...unless Shaq decides to take on Ray Allen at free-throw shooting....
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 10:08:53 AM »
I'm not going to be interested in this show at all...unless Shaq decides to take on Ray Allen at free-throw shooting....

I'd like to see his fat lazy behind take on Lance Armstrong on just ONE STAGE of the Tour De France, but then his dying of a heart attack 10 miles into a 125 mile bike ride would be not be good and I don't want that on my conscience.
Dan