Author Topic: Breaking Spurs News. Theo Ratliff  (Read 977 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Breaking Spurs News. Theo Ratliff
« on: July 23, 2009, 11:27:07 AM »
We interupt Laker Homo talk to give you the news that Greg Poppy has approved of signing Theo Ratliff.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Breaking Spurs News. Theo Ratliff
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 01:05:37 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This user is currently ignored.  ;D

Only Theo news I've heard:

Reported by: Don Harris
Email: DonHarris@woaitv.com
Last Update: 7/22 11:17 pm

San Antonio--The roster moves continue for the San Antonio Spurs. NBA sources confirming to News 4 WOAI's Don Harris that the Spurs have come to an agreement with veteran shot blocker Theo Ratliff. The 36 Year old center only played in 46 games with Philadelphia last year averaging about 13 minutes per game. He will be a nice addition as a 3rd center for the Spurs and can still defend in the low post and is still a very effective shot blocker who can defend the longer, bigger centers in the west. Ratliff likely won't play big minutes for the Spurs but can be an effective back-up if his health holds up. Ratliff is a 14 year NBA veteran who has played with 6 teams including the Pistons, Hawks, Sixers and Blazers.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Breaking Spurs News. Theo Ratliff
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 01:54:31 PM »
I think this is a solid pick up as a back up.  He is a defender and a shot blocker.  When Tim Duncan hits the pine they have no real presence in the middle so that right there seems like a good enough reason to go after him.

Though in the article it said he can guard 'longer, bigger centers' in the West.  He was man handled by Dwight Howard so I had to look at that comment a little funny.  The problem in the West isn't the size of the big men as much as it is their speed.  7 footers like Gasol and Dirk (yes I know Dirk is not a center) are very quick for their size.  Ditto for Amare Stoudamire (again doesn't play the 5 but can)  Yao Ming, even though he won't be playing this year, would have been too big for him.  Carlos Boozer is likely too strong for him (much like Dwight was).  While he will hold his own the writer seems to be overstating what Ratliff can do at 36 years old.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com