Author Topic: Finals Game 3 - Lakers @ Magic (I smell a blowout)  (Read 6002 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Finals Game 3 - Lakers @ Magic (I smell a blowout)
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2009, 11:12:19 PM »
I think that would be a mistake (sending Odom down to double Howard).  I think JVG hit the nail on the head last night when he criticized Howard for always bringing the ball down before going up with it, and I think he's right.  If that's the case, don't send Odom...send a guard....Fisher/Farmar/Vujacic.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 11:22:40 PM »
I think that would be a mistake (sending Odom down to double Howard).  I think JVG hit the nail on the head last night when he criticized Howard for always bringing the ball down before going up with it, and I think he's right.  If that's the case, don't send Odom...send a guard....Fisher/Farmar/Vujacic.

Agreed, I would prefer to send Fisher and let Rafer try and beat the Lakers.  I might also gamble on Lee a bit but I would definately not allow Petrius to get wide open shots when he's in the game.

It's up to the losing team to make the adjustments so I expect a better game from the Lakers.  Don't know how much better, if at all, the Magic can play.  The Magic did make an adjustment with Gortat, the Lakers left him wide open from 10 to 15 feet so the Magic put in Batie (sic?) and he helped quite a bit.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 09:50:51 AM »

Having him double at the last minute with his hands up in the air was effective on a few plays.  The Lakers having TWO big guys out there in front of Dwight is keeping him from really going off.  Though I do have to wonder if the Lakers make an adjustment and not have him go down that way in lieu of guards.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com