Author Topic: OT - ? posted in general discussion  (Read 4624 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT - ? posted in general discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 09:49:42 PM »
I remember my first "uber phone" I got in 2001, it was a HUGE phone that ran Palm OS and was pretty cool.  But I have not bought another "uber-phone" since.  I really liked the flip version of the Palm phone and I'm thinking about getting one but then I remember I don't really use my phone for anything other than...well...phone calls so I typically pass up on the super phones.

I posted this in your original thread:

"I've taken a pass on every phone that I've been offered due to my contract being expired and Sprint wanting me to re-up for 2 more years.  I was tempted by the HTC Touch Diamond/Pro.  I kind of liked the Pro with the slide out keyboard.  I was hoping for a flip-style blackberry/palm/winOS type phone but nothing has come out like that for Sprint.  This Palm Pre looks good but I'll have to see how big it is since I don't like big phones like the iPhone or Instinct."

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 11:02:30 PM »
I ws going to get the htc touch pro as well.  I just decided to wait some more to see what would come out since I heard Sprint was not going to release anything new til about march.  The Pre looks like te phone I was looking for.  I don't think it will be very big, the touch pro was not really that big to me either,  I think this Palm may still be smaller the the Pro is.  I am getting sick of my current phone, the wife got me an upstage (I know, the shame...) when it first came out - pre beyonce - it was interesting, had 6 hours of battery life with the case attached.  Right now it is just ready to die, I refuse to get a phone I don't like, or let her pick one for me, I just hope this piece of junk lasts until the Pre comes out.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 02:50:49 PM »
Tomorrow is the day that the Pre finally arrives.  Sprint stores will open at 8am...

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 04:08:54 PM »
Tomorrow is the day that the Pre finally arrives.  Sprint stores will open at 8am...

I'm getting a Blackberry from work so I'll probably pass on the Palm Pre.  The reviews I've read say it's better than the Blackberry but will not surplant the iPhone.  It's probably because the Palm Pre is more for buisness and doesn't have the kiddie gadgets that the iPhone has that the Palm did well against the Blackberry but not as well against the iPhone.

Did anybody catch the Simpsons "myPod" episode? The writters nailed the Apple word, it was a bulls eye.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 03:34:11 PM »

I'm getting a Blackberry from work so I'll probably pass on the Palm Pre.  The reviews I've read say it's better than the Blackberry but will not surplant the iPhone.  It's probably because the Palm Pre is more for buisness and doesn't have the kiddie gadgets that the iPhone has that the Palm did well against the Blackberry but not as well against the iPhone.

Did anybody catch the Simpsons "myPod" episode? The writters nailed the Apple word, it was a bulls eye.

Got my Pre yesterday morning.  So far I really like this phone.  Then again compared to my last phone ANY phone is a dream.  Love how organized this phone is.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2009, 07:35:43 PM »
I broke down and picked one up.  I generally avoid picking up G1 phones, but I've had the same phone for 3.5 years and needed an upgrade.

Very mixed bag.  Some great potential (webOS in general looks like it'll be awesome after some revisions.  universal search rocks), some questionable design decisions (no external notification of missed call/message?!  I really have to turn on my screen to see if I missed a call when I went to the bathroom?), and some lackluster hardware (aside from the gorgeous screen).

I'll post a full review after I've used it for a week or so.