Author Topic: Shout out to the refs last night  (Read 1088 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Shout out to the refs last night
« on: May 30, 2009, 11:11:10 AM »
They really decided the game.  I am glad the Refs were there to help the Lakers this entire series but specifically last night.  Had they not been around, who knows what might have happened.  From what Rick has told me and Reality in the past the Lakers never win with out the refs.  On top of that *ANY* team that plays the Lakers is going to beat them.  Orlando, Cleveland, Denver, Scout Troop #9283, you name it.  So shout out to the refs for making sure we won this close out game.  It is just like was predicted.

(all jokes aside props to Joe who either is a basketball guru or called Miss Cleo because he nailed the games it would take and how the Lakers would win0
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shout out to the refs last night
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
The Lakers needed no help from anyone last night as they won going away. Most complete game I've seen them play in a while.  They will have to play that way consistently to win their next series.

Tonight we see if the Magic can close out Cleveland. They've already demonstrated the ability to win a Game 7 away, but it would be a big mistake for them to not close out the Cavaliers tonight.

LA fans should pray for a Cleveland win in either case, so they can get some extra rest.  However, home court advantage will be determined by who wins that series. Cleveland wins, they host 4 games out of seven.  But if Orlando wins, they have to travel to LA to start the finals.

Charlie Rosen wrote an article about HOW BAD THE REFS SUCK, so it isn't just a few of us who see the problem. I doubt you will find anyone who says the refs have done a good job in any of the series.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:00:18 PM »
Last night, I watched the Orlando/Cleveland game 6 with my neighbors. Turns out the wife used to play basketball in high school.  At first, she didn't want to watch the game, but was soon drawn in by the action.  A Dwight Howard slam, impressed her with it's speed and ferocity.

As the game went on, she was calling foul after foul correctly, often disagreeing with the officials.  A block to the officials was a charge to her.

Bottom line, this woman would be a better ref than any of the officials on the floor last night.  I don't know where they get these clowns or why anyone thinks they're competent. It's really a terrible aspect of the modern NBA that the refs can't make proper calls or correct themselves if they make a mistake.

She couldn't understand why LeBron was allowed to dribble, loose control of the ball, take a few steps and resume his dribble.  She said that should have been a turnover.  I couldn't disagree with her, she was right.  It wasn't just LeBron though, lest you think she preferred them to Orlando.  The only call that she blew was a foul on Howard, but when she saw the replay she saw that he did use his off arm to push off on Varajo. Honest mistake.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 09:08:17 AM »
I thought the Lakers played their best game of the playoffs, better than game 3 vs Denver.  If the Lakers played that way from now on they take the Magic in 5, unfortunately they will not.  Not only will the Lakers not play that well on a consistent basis but they will play poor enough to jeapordize their shot at at title.

The real Thuggets showed up early in this game, they lost their composure and started feeling sorry for themselves.  Kenyon pull ANOTHER idiot move by grabbing Sasha's ankle, hard to believe after doing the same stupid move on Gasol and getting called for it.  Melo looked like he quit in the first half and even the Birdman started looking defeated early on.  The only guy who played with any heart was JR Smith, he did a decent job but was far from enough to keep the Thuggets in the game.  Even Billups started going "Thug life" in the game, I lost some respect for the guy.  The one guy who played with class from start to finish was Nene, I really grew to like that guy.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"