Author Topic: Should David Stern be on suicide watch?  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should David Stern be on suicide watch?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »
Rick...

Kobe goes to trial in Colorado.  He is acquitted or charges dropped, I don't remember exactly but the essense is he was NOT GUILTY.

Meanwhile, Iverson brandishes a gun in his neighborhood and revels in his punk street attitude and you "forgive" him even though he has never denied his wrong doings.

Melo makes a video for gangs, has a backpack with pot in it and other assorted bad behavior but it is OK because he has a big smile.

::)

And again it's not actual arrogance, but PUBLIC PERCEPTION that matters.  You can hide a lot of stuff as long as the athlete behaves himself.   When he makes real news in an unfavorable way, it's going to cost him.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 02:45:49 PM »
Pfft Lurker...what would you know about arrogance?  There is not a single player on your team that is arrogant!

Seriously though, that was my point.  That excuses are made for AI and Melo but not Kobe.  All of em are arrogant and it has nothing to do with being a Laker fan.  If I was fanatical I would say that since Kobe dresses well and has a nice smile that, that makes him not arrogant!

And just because you have the skills to back up trash talk doesn't mean you are not arrogant/cocky.  It just means that you can talk the talk and walk the walk.  Doesn't make it any more or less arrogant.  The only difference would be is if you didn't have the skills you are not longer arrogant, you are delusional.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:48:00 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
Pfft Lurker...what would you know about arrogance?  There is not a single player on your team that is arrogant!

Parker is! 

Oh wait, all French are arrogant.

Nevermind.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 02:53:56 PM »

Parker is! 

Oh wait, all French are arrogant.

Nevermind.

Yea but Parker is arrogant about his wife, you can't blame him for that.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 05:52:56 PM »
Kobe was exonerated in the courts, but that didn't move public perception.  He cheated on his wife and he cornholed a girl who was hoping for something different.  Not sure about his, but sodomy is probably illegal in Co.!

All the public heard was that he forced himself on a girl, who was hidden from the media.

You know that I'm right about this, from that point until now, how many national commercials has he been in until this season?  And in this season, he's sharing a commercial with LeBron.

Iverson is a punk, and a jerk when it comes to being a teamate. While he was winning he was a media darling, but I don't think he has a single endorsement deal now.  He's going to take a huge hit in salary this year as an unrestricted free agent.  Considering the transformation in Denver thank to the swap of AI for Billups, it's very apparent who the real good player is and who isn't.

As long as he has that attitude I wouldn't want him back in Phila. If I was LA, I'd seriously consider droping Fish and adding AI.  The gangs out there would love it. And he might actually be more of a fit there, but I have a feeling our Lakers fans would be ill even at the thought of it.