Author Topic: Why the Jazz win at home.....  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Why the Jazz win at home.....
« on: January 23, 2009, 11:53:40 PM »
From another poster:

The reason is because they do not play on Sundays.

Since the NBA controls the Thursday games, and because of Utah's geographical location, the Jazz get most Eastern Conference teams on Saturdays as they are finishing up a West coast trip. Most West coast trips end on weekends, and since Utah doesn't play on Sundays, they catch these teams off of back to backs on their last games of trips.

Ted, Joe, Skandery, LFD, anyone else who cares to comment.
Blasphemy (or should we say ex-communication material) or true factoid?

Other related comments:
I was listening to the radio here and the Cavs beat writer was talking about how the Cavs play there Sunday night on a back to back to finish up the trip and he was explaining that it's a tough game, but it's nothing new. It's how the Jazz have a great home record every year. He was saying how the final game of a road trip is normally a tough one because of the anticipation of going home, but it's tough because East teams always finish in Denver or Utah and they have to play the Jazz on a Saturday after they played on a Friday. It all made sense. It might explain why they are 17-4 at home and 8-14 on the road this year,

and:  Because the refs let them get away with murder
and:  I wonder how many famous Jazz musicians are from Utah.  < ( I think that was WoWs cousin/brother/uncle)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Why the Jazz win at home.....
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 12:13:51 AM »
Unverified at presstime.  Lurker and WoW need to brush up on accurate stats, perhaps they can look it up and verify.

11/29 Nets-- Utah Lost
12/13 Orlando-- Utah Lost
1/10 Detroit-- Utah Won
1/24 Cleveland

and:  Utah also has the softest backboards in the league ... which is why you see a lot of missed layups in SLC by the road team.
Although it backfires against the Spurs because it makes Duncan's bank shot easier.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 12:22:17 AM »
That's a poor excuse since according to my "inside sources", Dallas has to play twice on the same date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »
Ted, Skandery, JoeV
About last night....

Utah now is 0-9 on the road against Western Conference playoff teams, and 14-21 overall away from home.
Utah coach Jerry Sloan was unhappy with the officiating and his team's foul shooting.
"I thought Paul Millsap got fouled under the basket," Sloan said about a missed field-goal attempt in the closing seconds. "Those are things for the officials."

So Ted fill me in on the last 30 seconds.  Sure looked like Milsap got fouled to me too earlier, with like 50 seconds to go (or so i cant recall exactly was watching the game but with distractions.)
I got to see the late 3rd and all the 4th until the final 30 seconds.  Back n forth game for sure.  Grant Hill seems to be for real this season.  And Matt Barnes was a good pickup by Phx, wish the Spurs could have got him.

I think Utah gets revenge in a couple nights at Salt Lake.
Yeah that home thing.....

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 03:59:43 PM »
Bueller?  Anyone?