Author Topic: If Howard gets suspended it will change everything.  (Read 2555 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
If Howard gets suspended it will change everything.
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »
I didn't see the early part of the game so I didn't see Howards elbow hit Sam in the face.  But seeing the replay, the league has to suspend him, as they will Rondo for his head slap to Brad Miller.

The question is how long will the suspensions last. Orlando is ahead in the series and one game without Howard won't eliminate the Magic.

To a great extent I blame the officials and their "let them play" attitude.  We want to see competitive ball, but we expect these athletes to respect each other and the game.
We never want to see a player hurt. We didn't come to see a fight, or a cheap-shot.

The suspensions will send a clear message that this type of behavior will not be tolerated.  And regrettably, it is necessary.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: If Howard gets suspended it will change everything.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 12:17:15 PM »
I didn't see Rondo's play on Miller, so I can't comment about it.  But if they don't suspend Howard for that elbow, somebody on the Sixers (I nominate Reggie Evans) needs to retaliate.  He'll get a tech, sure, but if they suspend him, then they'll basically be admitting that they employ a double standard, which I would just absolutely love.  Plus, it's not like we'd actually miss Reggie Evans.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 03:05:40 PM »
Howard officially suspended.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 03:19:22 PM »
Sammy finally caught one.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:20:30 PM »
Lee out too.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »
They had no choice, that elbow was a punch and it wasn't inadvertent.

Now the series changes, since Phila. without Howard to worry about is going to drive the lane all night and end up on the foul line a lot. The Magic are not going to have a good time in Phila.

Howard will be back for game 7, however, and the Sixers haven't demonstrated that they have a way to beat Orlando with Howard in the middle.

Now, that he's been suspended, perhaps the officials won't be so inclined to ignore his penchant for camping in the lane.

Now, if only we could figure out what's wrong with our bench scorers. Lou Williams should be much more consistent given his speed, very few guards can stay with him.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 03:43:03 PM »
the Sixers haven't demonstrated that they have a way to beat Orlando with Howard in the middle.

Except, of course, for those two games we won.