Author Topic: Spurs  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2004, 12:22:08 PM »
It kills you i can pick legit winners.

Duh, how tough is it to look around the league and choose who has the best teams?  And change your allegiance based on personell?  Yeah, it was really tough to choose the Sonics in their prime, really tough to choose the Bulls with MJ, Pip, etc., really tough to choose Magic and Kareem, really tough to choose a loaded Celts or Detroit team.  It doesn't take any great brains to jump on bandwagons with the rest of fans who jump around from one team to the next.

Gee, before this year it was pretty clear to choose one of the following teams:  LA, SA, Minnesota or SacTown -- you could pick up about any sport magazine and see one of those four chosen to win it all.  Yeah, you have incredible abilities to choose the "winners."  Why don't you try doing something tougher -- root for a team when Cedrick Ceballos is their best player?  When Sedale "the theif" Threatt is the most exciting player on the court?  That's a little tougher than picking the teams based on personell each year and changing your allegiance.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2004, 12:30:33 PM »
westkoast and Randy you are mistaken about Reality being a bandwagon jumper.  The correct term is "front runner", I even suggested Reality add "front runner" juice to his existing distribution buisness considering the title may switch hands more often now that there are more powerhouses in the NBA.

Please make a note of it.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2004, 01:16:54 PM »
I thought Dan (total) and myself (percentage) where the "pick em" champs?  ;)
Wheezing Dan had the Spurs dead and buried two months ago and alleged what "morons" anyone was who thought otherwise.

And both you had the Flaming Purple and Gold last year.

I only have time to keep up with the title chase.   :lol:  ;)
By the way the New Getty was okay.  The French and Italian impressionists in the West Building rocked.  All the depressing Roman and Catholic Oppression inspired crap in North Building i can do without.

'Koast 2000 i had Portland picked and was surprised as many were by the 4th qtr handover.  2001 I knew was Lakers all the way even tho i pulled for Dunker and he either matched or exceeded Shaq at his best.  02 was a farce who cares i simply profitted.  03 i had Dunker and Co well before seasons start.  04 I'm pulling for Spurs again but am not about to dis the rest of the West and say its a lock.

Mrs. R did get me some black with white top undies.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2004, 03:32:50 PM »
02 was a farce who cares...
I agree 2002 was a farce.  The only way to legitimately judge the 2002 Lakers is to build a time machine and have them take on the great 80'sLaker/80'sSixers/80'sCeltic/90'sBulls teams of the past because nothing else is worth discussing since the 2002 Lakers are clearly in much higher class than the current group of teams and all teams since the Bulls.

Since no franchise other than the Lakers and Celtics get mentioned as G.O.A.T. we will need to wait for the invention of time travel before we can judge the 2002 Lakers.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2004, 04:27:02 PM »
I'm talking about the 28 FT 4th qtr 7 game Kings Lakers.
You must mean the year before.....

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2004, 07:33:22 AM »
It kills you i can pick legit winners.

Duh, how tough is it to look around the league and choose who has the best teams?  And change your allegiance based on personell?  Yeah, it was really tough to choose the Sonics in their prime, really tough to choose the Bulls with MJ, Pip, etc., really tough to choose Magic and Kareem, really tough to choose a loaded Celts or Detroit team.  It doesn't take any great brains to jump on bandwagons with the rest of fans who jump around from one team to the next.

Gee, before this year it was pretty clear to choose one of the following teams:  LA, SA, Minnesota or SacTown -- you could pick up about any sport magazine and see one of those four chosen to win it all.  Yeah, you have incredible abilities to choose the "winners."  Why don't you try doing something tougher -- root for a team when Cedrick Ceballos is their best player?  When Sedale "the theif" Threatt is the most exciting player on the court?  That's a little tougher than picking the teams based on personell each year and changing your allegiance.
How tough was it to pick the Sonics prior to '92?  That they would smack down The Mailwimp and Johny Stockton for the next 4 years?  You sure didn't predict that.

Ditto the Spurs prior to 03.  You were still drunk on Laker Winnin Juice and chanting about a FarcePeat with your fellow Krishnas.  After the Spurs 02 el Foldo you had them down for failure in 03.  In fact earlier this year you and your Krishna bunch had them out as they faltered early while your marketers raced to a glorious 18-2 start.  So have a cup.