Poll

Should Robert Horry currently be hoisting game winning attempts?

Absolutely, look at all the games coming down to the wire.  Horry should be an end of game insertion.
1 (50%)
He's tired out, he's run his course.  No teams picking him up was the right move
0 (0%)
He should be in a Sixer uniform
0 (0%)
He should be on Dancing With The Stars
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Should Robert Horry still be in the playoffs?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Should Robert Horry still be in the playoffs?
« on: April 22, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »
Igs is doing very well for the Sixers in a game winning shot role.  Still, who is the Sixers 14th and 15th bench guys?  Are they seeing any time in the playoffs?  Will they?

How about other teams?  Lots of playoff games coming down to the last shot/possession.  Do you want Horry on the floor or do you think he's gassed? 

Related side note i thought Chicago totally blew a chance to go up 2-0 on Boston.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Should Robert Horry still be in the playoffs?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 02:29:18 PM »
Horry is probably done.  He probably earned himself a spot in the HOF for his late game heroics contributing to rings for 3 different franchises, but at this point, I'd take Marshall over him for a last shot situation. 

As for the Bulls, I still expect them to win the series.  They are extremely talented since the trade, and it took a miraculous 2nd half from Allen, career nights from Rondo and Big Baby, and an off night for Derrick Rose for the Celts to squeeze out a victory.  Now, going back to Chicago I expect the Bulls to jump on a shorthanded Celtic team. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 02:47:01 PM »
^^ yes i thought Sideshow Bob should have jumped earlier as you know Ray Allen likes to catch and immediately shoot.  Bob paused as if Allen was going to do the standard pause, gather his feet and jump and when Allen instead went immediately up -it was over......

To me if the 15th guy on the roster is not going to play at all, I'll take Horry.  It's not just his game winning shots, it's his tipped passes and blocked/altered shots on D, his floor spacing, just his overall gamernous, most notably in end of game situations.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 05:28:35 PM »
Most teams shorten up their rotation to 8 players during the playoffs.  The last man on the roster is only there in case of emergencies, like an injury.

The Sixers played 11 of their 12 available players, which is really amazing.  What's more amazing is that two of them were playing at the end of the game. Ratliff and Marshall.

We don't need cheap-shot Bob here.  Besides I think everyone thinks he done.  He's had a long enough career.