Author Topic: WOW, about your MVP vote.  (Read 911 times)

jn

WOW, about your MVP vote.
« on: April 22, 2004, 12:33:25 PM »
You mentioned that you thought TD was more valuable based on his supporting cast.  For the record I read an article today that mentioned that during the time TD was on the bench the Spurs outscored their opponents by 50 points.

During the time KG was on the bench the Wolves were outscored by 164 points.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
WOW, about your MVP vote.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 12:57:55 PM »
You mentioned that you thought TD was more valuable based on his supporting cast.  For the record I read an article today that mentioned that during the time TD was on the bench the Spurs outscored their opponents by 50 points.

During the time KG was on the bench the Wolves were outscored by 164 points.
I haven't read that article but I bet it's skwed considering the Spurs had to learn to play without TD durring his injury.  When you get used to playing without a player the team is able to adjust, i.e. Webber.  When the injuries are sporatic, i.e. Iverson/T-Mac, then it's tougher to adjust from game to game.

In this regard I don't need to crunch numbers or read articles, I just watch the games and it's obvious that the Spurs rely more on TD than the Wolves rely on Garnett.  IMO only Parker and Manu can create their own shot without TD, and I'm not sold on Parker.  The only team that relies more on one single player are the Lakers with Shaq and the Nets with Kidd.  They just fall apart without their main guys.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"