Author Topic: Indy v. Sixers 2/17/09  (Read 2529 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Indy v. Sixers 2/17/09
« on: February 17, 2009, 07:12:06 PM »
A dangerous game for the Sixers, first back off the all-star break.  But it is important that they hit the ground running, so to speak, since they have a real chance to obtain home court advantage in the first round.

What is worse is that the NBA managed to give the Sixers Denver at home, but on a back to back after playing in Indiana the night before.  This is also going to happen when the Sixers play Orlando.  I'd like a chance to see the team rested before playing the tougher opponents, just to see what they're capable of.

Indiana has been knocking off the good teams left and right, while loosing to the teams with similar records to their own.  They have some talent, but are far from a complete team. If they are on from outside, they can be hard to beat, but they live and die with that, which is no way to play a team like the Sixers.

I expect a victory tonight, but I'm going to have to think about tomorrow.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Indy v. Sixers 2/17/09
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 07:35:17 PM »
Sixers look sluggish.  Not surprised.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:10:51 PM »
These refs have been fucking brutal.  Doesn't explain the Sixers' missed layups and FTs, but it's certainly not helping.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:54:15 PM »
These refs Sixers have been fucking brutal. 

No way any NBA team should lose to the Pacers when the Pacers shoot less then 30% from 3.  They only hit 5 3's and that's normally all they can do.

Yet another game where the Sixers miss FT's and play out of synce in the same game.  Shows a lack of focus.  Most nights you can tell how the Sixers play just by looking at their FT %.  Worse, when it got chippy Indiana got the better of the Sixers.  Not a good sign.

Not a big game, but shows how far this team is from being a contender (despite their recent run of 14-4.)  They are young and inconsistent, and it really shows on the road against lesser teams.  Makes you wonder where Miller and maybe Brand fit into the teams long term plans.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 03:22:30 PM »
I'd not overreact.  They just went 14-4 with nary an egg laid.  They were due to lose by 10 to some crappy team.  Now...tonight might show us what they're made of.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 04:18:20 PM »
I'd not overreact.  They just went 14-4 with nary an egg laid.  They were due to lose by 10 to some crappy team.  Now...tonight might show us what they're made of.

I can see this POV, but feel that this is a streaky, .500 team.  They are not as good as when they go 14-4, nor as bad as when they go 13-20.  They are young and lack post scorers and shooters.  Becasue of that they run hot and cold for weeks at a time.

do you think this recent streak indicates they have now turned the corner, and are a 60% win type of team?  I think even with Miller and Brand, the high side of wins for the next 2 years is less than 50, so in my mind they should get what they can for Miller and move on.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 05:05:45 PM »

I can see this POV, but feel that this is a streaky, .500 team.  They are not as good as when they go 14-4, nor as bad as when they go 13-20.  They are young and lack post scorers and shooters.  Becasue of that they run hot and cold for weeks at a time.

do you think this recent streak indicates they have now turned the corner, and are a 60% win type of team?  I think even with Miller and Brand, the high side of wins for the next 2 years is less than 50, so in my mind they should get what they can for Miller and move on.

I'm not making judgements from last night's or tonight's game.  First two games after the ASB with the trade deadline looming and a bunch of guys being mentioned.  I think Brand coming back will make this team easily a 50+ win team, as long as they replace Miller with a PG capable of running the P+R.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »
This was simply a game the Sixers lost because of poor coaching and lack of focus.  Indiana has no interior defense, and everytime the Sixers went inside they made something good happen.  They lost the game because they would come down the floor and hork up an outside shot, which invariably ended in a miss and an easy basket for Indiana.

The way to win is to be disciplined enough to force your way inside and make shots or get to the foul line, and I don't mean touch shots.  You muscle your way in and stuff the ball in the hole.

Thad Young is too small or too soft to be a PF.  Maybe some day, but not now.  The staff should realize in some games he is overmatched and sub in someone more physical.  What happened to Speights that he got no minutes in the 2nd half?  Where was Theo?

Miller was terrible last night, but if you trade him I want a better PG, and if you can't find one then you better resign him.