Author Topic: Andre Iguo-ego  (Read 3266 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Andre Iguo-ego
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:54:40 AM »
"I haven't even peaked yet," Iguodala said. "It's going to be crazy."

Glad to see he does not lack for confidence.  I hope he goes out and proves us all wrong for saying he's not a "#1."  Personally, I still have my doubts, but still a fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AiLf9YLe5AgAsX74QCtcvlO8vLYF?slug=ap-iguodalas76ers&prov=ap&type=lgns

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Andre Iguo-ego
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »
He's been a clear #1 since Brand's injury.  He may not always do it in the points column, but he's one of the best defenders in the league.  How he didn't make the All-Star game is beyond me.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 12:21:02 PM »
He's been a clear #1 since Brand's injury.  He may not always do it in the points column, but he's one of the best defenders in the league.  How he didn't make the All-Star game is beyond me.

He might be a low level number 1.  Iggy has definitely been hitting more clutch shots down the stretch of games, but he still lacks the ability to grab a game by the throat and will his team to victory the way the true high-end number 1 guys can.  He is definitely playing at an all-around all-star level, but I still don't see him becoming a truly elite or franchise type player, but his ceiling has moved up a little IMO based on his play of late.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:45:56 PM »

He might be a low level number 1.  Iggy has definitely been hitting more clutch shots down the stretch of games, but he still lacks the ability to grab a game by the throat and will his team to victory the way the true high-end number 1 guys can.  He is definitely playing at an all-around all-star level, but I still don't see him becoming a truly elite or franchise type player, but his ceiling has moved up a little IMO based on his play of late.

Didn't he just do that against Memphis?  9 points at the end of the game including the game-sealing basket AND totally shut down Mayo one-on-one on the other end?  Iggy isn't a true SCORING #1, but there's very very very few guys in the NBA who bring what he does to a game.  Shoots at a high percentage, boards, passes, plays great defense.  He's a slow starter.  He's shown that.  But take out his last two Novembers and you have a clear-cut no doubt about it All-Star.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 01:22:21 PM »

Didn't he just do that against Memphis?  9 points at the end of the game including the game-sealing basket AND totally shut down Mayo one-on-one on the other end?  Iggy isn't a true SCORING #1, but there's very very very few guys in the NBA who bring what he does to a game.  Shoots at a high percentage, boards, passes, plays great defense.  He's a slow starter.  He's shown that.  But take out his last two Novembers and you have a clear-cut no doubt about it All-Star.

Let him do that a number of more times against better teams and then I will think about putting him in the upper echelons.  He is creeping into that sub-franchise player category as of late (think Joe Johnson level) and certainly could be good enough to be one of a pair or triumvirate of such players with Thad and Brand/Speights in a Detroit type balanced system.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 12:22:53 AM »
I believe the correct name should be Andre Egodala.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 12:27:23 AM »
Ego-dala-dala-dala

Good call. 

Tonight more like Whine-a-dala.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »
He's not nearly consistent enough to be called a #1.  I have my doubts he ever will; but I also doubted he'd be as good as he is now.

I hope that, as he matures, he reacts to off-nights by contributing in other ways (even late)...and not forcing it.  His TO's in traffic and forced shots drive me nuts.