Poll

Board poll.  Whose MSG performance was more impressive?    

Lebron
3 (75%)
Kobe
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Board Poll: LeBron or Kobe at MSG?  (Read 2869 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Board Poll: LeBron or Kobe at MSG?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 07:58:17 PM »
Well, obviously Sternfish isn't ready for LeBron to take away Kobe's thunder...

NBA strips LeBron of triple-double

NEW YORK -- LeBron James lost his latest triple-double Friday when the NBA determined that one of his rebounds should have been credited to Cleveland teammate Ben Wallace.

James scored a season-high 52 points and had 11 assists Wednesday in the Cavaliers' 107-102 victory at New York. He was believed to have a triple-double when he grabbed what went down as a 10th rebound with less than 2 seconds left.

However, the league reviewed the game and ruled that a rebound given to James with 39.3 seconds remaining should have been credited to Wallace. The corrected statistics now have James with nine rebounds and Wallace with two.

James' performance came two nights after Kobe Bryant set a record at the present Madison Square Garden by scoring 61 points in the Lakers' 126-117 victory over the Knicks.

"I don't go out there for the numbers, I just play my game," James said after Wednesday's game when he was still thought to have recorded a triple-double. "You guys seen every phase of my game tonight, the scoring, the rebounding, the assists and defensively just trying to attack the opposing team.

"I never thought you could look at the box score and see somebody with 50 with a triple-double, but it's happened."

James will get a chance to faceoff against Bryant when the Lakers visit Cleveland on Sunday.

A release from the league said: "All NBA games are reviewed to ensure the accuracy of the game statistics."

Had the triple-double stood, it would have been the first 50-point game in a triple-double since Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in 1975.

James now remains with three triple-doubles this season and 20 for his career.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

I knew LeBrons numbers where BS all along!  Word up Sternfish!

Honestly, I did  not like the fact that Kobe was in the game after the 2 minute mark.  IMO PJ risked Kobe's health, and the Lakers season, for 6 extra points.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"