Author Topic: Bush Twins  (Read 6272 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bush Twins
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 01:14:41 PM »

They just do a much better job of pretending they care about everything you do at the higher levels.

Agreed. 

And that is not insignificant.

Given that some in the Democratic faithful would claim that any one of the characteristics I listed in describing myself is "evil," it's small wonder that I have very little in common with that group.  (That these traits are "evil" is a DIRECT QUOTE from a University of Missouri teacher.)

Simply put, when it comes to rhetoric, one side completely alienates me, and the other side completely beckons.  Given the fact that both sides want my money, want my vote, and one offers me very little in return other than condemnation of who and what I am, why would I have much respect for that side?

What's really scary is that it wasn't always that way.  Granted, the Republican party has done its share of polarizing - I'm not saying it hasn't - but the Democrats are no better.

I would say that the rhetoric from each side repels/beckons.  Both sides have some good positions; both are totally lost on others.  That is why I consider myself an independent.  I generally vote for the more politically moderate candidate regardless of party.

But right now I would say nationally the Republicans are reeling.  They need new national leaders to step up.  Fresh voices that reach out to a fiscal conservative, social moderate individual.  The thing is right now these individuals don't have a party because they aren't accepted by Dems either.  The major problem with the politicians that control the Dems is that they are very wealthy people who want the rest of us (masses) to share our wealth equally while they retain theirs.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bush Twins
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 02:16:42 PM »

They just do a much better job of pretending they care about everything you do at the higher levels.

Agreed. 

And that is not insignificant.

Given that some in the Democratic faithful would claim that any one of the characteristics I listed in describing myself is "evil," it's small wonder that I have very little in common with that group.  (That these traits are "evil" is a DIRECT QUOTE from a University of Missouri teacher.)

Simply put, when it comes to rhetoric, one side completely alienates me, and the other side completely beckons.  Given the fact that both sides want my money, want my vote, and one offers me very little in return other than condemnation of who and what I am, why would I have much respect for that side?

What's really scary is that it wasn't always that way.  Granted, the Republican party has done its share of polarizing - I'm not saying it hasn't - but the Democrats are no better.

I would say that the rhetoric from each side repels/beckons.  Both sides have some good positions; both are totally lost on others.  That is why I consider myself an independent.  I generally vote for the more politically moderate candidate regardless of party.

But right now I would say nationally the Republicans are reeling.  They need new national leaders to step up.  Fresh voices that reach out to a fiscal conservative, social moderate individual.  The thing is right now these individuals don't have a party because they aren't accepted by Dems either.  The major problem with the politicians that control the Dems is that they are very wealthy people who want the rest of us (masses) to share our wealth equally while they retain theirs.

Great point. 

I would not be opposed to voting for a Republican in the state or federal government.  Though I am a Dem because I side more with their views on certain issues.  Can't say I am fully in the middle like you though.  After seeing this spending/taxing/budget mess here in California I do wonder what would happen if the Republicans controlled Sacramento.  JoMal could probably provide some insight but I do wonder why we continue to be out of money when we pay a pretty penny in taxes.  I don't mind paying taxes to better my home state but I wonder why we need more and more and more and more......
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com