Author Topic: Spurs Mahinmi out for the year  (Read 3232 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs Mahinmi out for the year
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 08:57:17 PM »
Btw Reality...where is the detailed break down?  Why are you not so quick to really talk about the game?  Where is the requests to go over tape?  Where are the whining of the Lakers cheating?

You know all the typical things when there is a Lakers LOSS....

*This post is not approved for RealSpurs*
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 11:30:20 PM »
a.  Didn't record it, had family responsibilities.  Didn't really care about game as I knew outcome before tipoff.  Watched a bit, turned it off with a chuckle after the Bowen call.
b.  It was a boring game.
c.  See a.
d.  The foul call on Bowen against Kobme at 41-40 or so was classic.  Also Gasol appears to be the new Pamperbum along with your idol.  Timmy Dunks had several shots that were +1s against Gasol, no call.  I'm okay with the no call on contact as long as Dunks was able to bump Gashol and Bynum on the other end.  He wasn't.

Popazit at this point (now even some PopApologists are beginning to see the light) reminds me of a Simpsons episode.  Lisa was very upset, with just cause.  Can't remember exactly why, but it seems Homer had something if not everything to do with it, as usual.  Lisa was crying her eyes out and Homer tried to give her a horsey ride like when she was 2 years old and the horsey ride would solve everything.  To no avail. 
"Not so easy anymore, eh Homeboy?" said Bart.

Ah, alas with Pop and his relationship with you and Cousin Lurker and such.  Used to be he could do his stupid "soft" remark in Jan or Feb and procede sit on his arse and win championships (well, every other year) when he had the consensus RealMVP 5 years straight along with by far the best roster in basketball.  Now that the roster is not flush, his ineptitude is being exposed more then ever.  "Not so easy anymore, eh Popboy?"  Oh many a PopApologist still thinks he can grunt out "we're soft" and "it's only January" and all will be well come playofftime.  Talk about a reality check.

Whose to say if some miracle trade will happen?  Like lurker said, we just dont get All Star frontliners for a box of kleenex and late 1st rounders.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 01:30:17 AM »
Like lurker said, we just dont get All Star frontliners for a box of kleenex and late 1st rounders.

No..The Spurs would actually have to be a team that doesn't make the playoffs for that to happen (like the Lakers were).  If the coaching was as bad as you make it out to be maybe they would get a 1st round pick.  I did see Pop had a patch on his head.  Must have been when they removed his brain right?

As for getting an all star front liner...I believe you got him on a magic ping pong ball.  That probably costs less than a boxx of kleenex but I am not sure.  Maybe you can ask the child who stocks the shelf at your local super market for some inside information.

Btw, your break down was poor and didn't make much sense.  I think there was more to this game then a vaguely described Simpsons episode.  Had this been a Laker butt whooping I think you would be singing another tune. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:35:02 AM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »
Like lurker said, we just dont get All Star frontliners for a box of kleenex and late 1st rounders.

No..The Spurs would actually have to be a team that doesn't make the playoffs for that to happen (like the Lakers were).  If the coaching was as bad as you make it out to be maybe they would get a 1st round pick.  I did see Pop had a patch on his head.  Must have been when they removed his brain right?

As for getting an all star front liner...I believe you got him on a magic ping pong ball.  That probably costs less than a boxx of kleenex but I am not sure.  Maybe you can ask the child who stocks the shelf at your local super market for some inside information.

Btw, your break down was poor and didn't make much sense.  I think there was more to this game then a vaguely described Simpsons episode.  Had this been a Laker butt whooping I think you would be singing another tune. 

He broke it down very Reality-like.  Pop missed wide open jump shots.  Pop failed to rotate defensively on back to back 3s to open the second half.  Pop was outcoached because PJ has that special cushion to sit on the bench.  The refs didn't let the RealMVP play the game.

And the kicker if you read the really, really small print...if Brent Barry was starting in Finley's place the Lakers would have been in a 30 point hole by the first timeout.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 10:25:37 AM »

He broke it down very Reality-like.  Pop missed wide open jump shots.  Pop failed to rotate defensively on back to back 3s to open the second half.  Pop was outcoached because PJ has that special cushion to sit on the bench.  The refs didn't let the RealMVP play the game.

And the kicker if you read the really, really small print...if Brent Barry was starting in Finley's place the Lakers would have been in a 30 point hole by the first timeout.

Two RealSpurs question/comments:

What really was the patch/band aid for on the side of Pop's head?  I don't remember them mentioning it once during the telecast.

IMO giving Mason the chance to develop as a defender is really going to pay off down the line.  I think he did a solid job on Kobe even though he did get a bit hot in the first quarter.  How much of his jump in minutes (and I think he started the game right?) is due to Bowen slowing down and how much is due to his rapid development on the defensive end?  He reminds me very much of Bruce Bowen with those big shots from the wing he's had over the past 3 1/2 weeks.  Also, I thought Udoka was really going to fill in that role as the lock down perimeter defender as Bruce Bowen gets ready to leave the league.  Is he in the dog house or is Mason the better defender?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:28:16 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 11:04:17 AM »
What really was the patch/band aid for on the side of Pop's head?  I don't remember them mentioning it once during the telecast.

They did comment about the patch, they said it was for a "medical" surgery.  I was thinking "hair plugs" or "terminator-chip" surgery.  When I heard the comments I started thinking there might be a serious problem, hope not.

IMO the reason the Lakers jumped out to a big lead in the 3rd was because the Spurs were missing WIDE OPEN jumpers.  I don't know what the F is the Lakers problem in regards to closing out on shooters, even the Clippers did a better job last night vs Portland than the Lakers do on a regular basis.  The Spurs just couldn't hit shots they typically take and make in practice.  The Lakers D was not putting any more pressure on the Spurs than they get in shoot around.  To blame Pop for players missing WIDE OPEN jumpers, that the offense is DESINGED to provide, is just stupid.  Honestly, IMO you really have to be stupid to blame that aspect on Pop.  There was one possesion where the Spurs missed 4 or more shots in a row on the SAME possesion, I think they were mostly 3's so the Spurs could have scored 11 points on the missed shot on that one possesion alone.  That would have erased the Lakers lead right there. 

Some people just don't understand basketball let alone have the ability to discuss it.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 11:14:54 AM »

They did comment about the patch, they said it was for a "medical" surgery.  I was thinking "hair plugs" or "terminator-chip" surgery.  When I heard the comments I started thinking there might be a serious problem, hope not.

Benign skin cancer.  But he has several stitches and wore the bandage to help protect from the LA smog.   ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2009, 11:19:10 AM »
IMO the reason the Lakers jumped out to a big lead in the 3rd was because the Spurs were missing WIDE OPEN jumpers.  I don't know what the F is the Lakers problem in regards to closing out on shooters, even the Clippers did a better job last night vs Portland than the Lakers do on a regular basis.  The Spurs just couldn't hit shots they typically take and make in practice.  The Lakers D was not putting any more pressure on the Spurs than they get in shoot around.  To blame Pop for players missing WIDE OPEN jumpers, that the offense is DESINGED to provide, is just stupid.  Honestly, IMO you really have to be stupid to blame that aspect on Pop.  There was one possesion where the Spurs missed 4 or more shots in a row on the SAME possesion, I think they were mostly 3's so the Spurs could have scored 11 points on the missed shot on that one possesion alone.  That would have erased the Lakers lead right there. 

Some people just don't understand basketball let alone have the ability to discuss it.

The Lakers were up by 6 at half.  Then Kobe & Fisher started the third quarter hitting back to back WIDE OPEN 3s.  Pop immediately called time and chewed heavily on the troops.  But that took the lead from 6 to 12 and the lead basically stayed there the rest of the game.

I would say the big difference in that game was which team was able to convert the few wide open shots that they found in their respective offensive sets.   Lakers did.  Spurs didn't.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »
So is Mason replacing Udoka as the heir apparent to Bowen's defensive throne on the perimeter?

WOW...the Lakers missed a number of open jumpers against the Spurs on their floor.  That is what happens on the road sometimes.  You get good looks but can't knock them as easily as you can at home.

I also felt like the Spurs got out hustled.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 03:17:30 PM »
So is Mason replacing Udoka as the heir apparent to Bowen's defensive throne on the perimeter?

Mason's defense has been much better than expected.  As far as Bowen's heir; that isn't so clear cut.  Mason doesn't have the size (Bowen is 2 inches taller with a longer wingspan) to cover the SF position.  But he has the quickness and strength to stay with most of the PGs & SGs in the league.  Bowen is an expert at denying a player the ball and/or his spot on the floor.  Mason plays a tighter one-on-one defense and deflects more balls.  Parker & Mason (28 years old) will make for a strong backcourt for several years.

Udoka is a better defender at the 3 than Mason and has the strength to muscle some 4s.  He seems to have fallen into Pop's doghouse for some reason (maybe a Reality source knows) and is struggling with his shot.  Can't say if the shooting struggles led to the doghouse or if the shooting woes are a result of losing his coach's confidence.

I also felt like the Spurs got out hustled.

I felt like this also starting around the middle of the 3rd quarter.  The Spurs made a run, LA answered and the Spurs basically gave up.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 06:00:55 PM »
Yes, Gregor Pop was quoted as saying the game was over after the Lakers hit the back to back treys.  That was 2 minutes into the 3rd qtr.

In San Antone a week ago, the Spurs led by 11 with 8 minutes to go.  LA came back to take the lead. 

I sure am glad the Spurs n Pop gave up 2 minutes into the third.

Also glad Pop has stated the Spurs cannot beat LA unless the Spurs hold LA under 90.

The Spurs won the game 10 days ago 112-111.  The Spurs had 90 points before the 4th was over.

SuperByns looked good again westkoast, not sure why WoW is whining about his progress at 21 years old.
Benign skin cancer.  But he has several stitches and wore the bandage to help protect from the LA smog.   ;)
It was actually 35 stitches.  RealInsider information.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:03:44 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 10:23:51 PM »

My little lemming.  Sit....stay....good lemming....  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"