Author Topic: Knicks' Curry sued by former driver  (Read 1322 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Knicks' Curry sued by former driver
« on: January 13, 2009, 09:35:06 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/story/2009/01/13/nba-knicks-curry.html

Knicks' Curry sued by former driver
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 | 2:31 AM ET
CBC Sports

New York Knicks reserve centre Eddy Curry is being sued by his former driver for alleged money owed, and reportedly for sexually harassment and making racial slurs.

Dave Kuchinsky filed a lawsuit Monday in U.S. District Court in New York that claims Curry owes him $93,000 US in back pay and expenses.

"I'm shocked, really," Curry said in denying the allegations put forth in the lawsuit.

"He approached my friends a while back, trying to get money. I just never, ever, thought it would go past what it did, which was just idle threats ? money-or-else kind of stuff."

The New York Post reported on its website that Kuchinsky, who is Jewish, also alleges that Curry exposed himself and harassed him, and berated him by calling him such derogatory terms as a "cracker," "white slave," "white devil" and "grandmaster of the KKK."

"Everyone who knows me knows I'm not a racist," Curry told reporters following New York's 101-99 victory over the host New Orleans Hornets on Monday. "I have never made a comment like that ? playing or nothing.

"Aside from the fact I wouldn't do it because I'm not racist, I wouldn't do it because I wouldn't want someone to play with me like that. That is incredible, man."

Portraying the lawsuit as a ploy to extract money from him, Curry confirmed that he employed Kuchinsky for three years before they severed ties last October.

"It is like a prime example of you got to watch who is around you," Curry said. "This is a guy who I really thought he was my friend up until the last four, five months.

"I can't even believe this happened ? I can't believe it went this far. I can't believe someone would represent something like that."

Curry, 26, has played a mere two minutes 38 seconds this season because of soreness in his right knee, posting two points and two rebounds in a 99-94 loss to the Dallas Mavericks last Thursday.

He sat out Monday's win at New Orleans.

Curry has averaged 13.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 25.8 minutes in 502 games, including 410 starts, over eight NBA seasons since he was drafted fourth overall by the Chicago Bulls in 2001.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Knicks' Curry sued by former driver
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 10:52:50 AM »
Grandmaster of the KKK?   ::)

Come on.  Honestly the guy ruined his chances with someone believing him on that one.  He had to keep going on and on didn't he?  Cracker and white slave is something that sounds like it could be said.  While I don't think it was at least it is believable.  But grandmaster of the KKK?

I also heard he was called the following:

Mayonaise Monkey
Vanilla Wafer offspring of Adolf Hitler
homosexual honkey
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 10:55:06 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »

Come on.  Honestly the guy ruined his chances with someone believing him on that one.  He had to keep going on and on didn't he?  Cracker and white slave is something that sounds like it could be said.  While I don't think it was at least it is believable.  But grandmaster of the KKK?

Mayonaise Monkey
homosexual honkey

No offense to "da braddahs in minze nayburhud", but due to lack of education, "Jew" and "KKK" are not mutually exclusive.  So it's not beyond belief that a guy that got through school because he was "big" would make that mistake.  On the flip I have a hard time believing a "jew"  :P  oh wait...jem is banned so no fun making those kinds of jokes.  :-[
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:12:31 AM »

Mayonaise Monkey
homosexual honkey

No offense to "da braddahs in minze nayburhud", but due to lack of education, "Jew" and "KKK" are not mutually exclusive.  So it's not beyond belief that a guy that got through school because he was "big" would make that mistake.  On the flip I have a hard time believing a "jew"  :P  oh wait...jem is banned so no fun making those kinds of jokes.  :-[

It's beyond belief for a guy that only got through school because he was big to know the terms or hierarchy of the KKK.  To believe the driver would make me have to believe that Eddy Curry reads  :D

Is Jem really banned?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 11:38:22 AM »
It's beyond belief for a guy that only got through school because he was big to know the terms or hierarchy of the KKK.  To believe the driver would make me have to believe that Eddy Curry reads  :D

Yea, sounds fishy on both ends.

Is Jem really banned?

Yea, he got booted off this site.  Too bad, he was comming around.  Don't you check messages on the FNBA league page?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"