Author Topic: KG shut down for the playoffs? How far do the Celtics go?  (Read 2156 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
KG shut down for the playoffs? How far do the Celtics go?
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:43:04 AM »
Doc Rivers said that as far as he's concerned KG is done for this years playoffs.  Doc said KG is getting worse, KG tried running and his knee was locking up.

This is devastating to the Celtics, as much as KG puts up great overall numbers on both ends of the court IMO the biggest blow is going to be emotional.  KG is the heart and soul of the team, for all his punk-arse antics he's still the floor general for the Celtics.  KG's attitude really rubbed off on the Celtics and I think the lack of attitude is what's going to kill them in the playoffs.  The Celtics are a verteran playoff tested team so they might get out of the first round but I think that's as far as they might go unless they play with KG's spirit on the court.  IMO they are done.

On top of that, GM Danny Ainge had a heart attack yesterday.

Do the Celtics get back to the EC finals?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: KG shut down for the playoffs? How far do the Celtics go?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:46:06 AM »
I think Danny Ainge's heart attack happened because he heard Garnett might not be available for the playoffs.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 08:51:09 AM »
I think Danny Ainge's heart attack happened because he heard Garnett might not be available for the playoffs.

Joe,

What's the bigger blow, losing KG or Manu?

I've read a lot of articles claming the Spurs/Mavs will go 6 games with the Mavs winning.  I did notice the Mavs playing with a bit of attitude, they are not nervous and they seem ready to take on anyone.  It's almost like they feel they were "unlucky" the last couple of years and they are ready to make their move.  IMO it will not happen, too many good teams in the WC but right now Dirk/Kidd/Terry are looking as good as any Big 3.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 09:12:00 AM »
There's no question that losing Garnett - if he actually is lost for the season - is the bigger loss.  Garnett is the defensive anchor of the Celtics, and without that, they're in trouble - most especially when they face teams with strong power forwards.  Fortunately for Boston, those teams are mostly in the West.  But this is a big loss for them.

As for Dallas - don't sleep on this team.  Offensively, they've got weapons;  defensively, they're playing for a new coach with a new style;  and if Brandon Bass steps up his game, they've got the ability to go big with Kidd-Howard-Bass-Nowtizki-Dampier or small with (Barea-Terry-Kidd-Howard)(pick 3)-Bass-Nowitzki.  Carlisle is a playoff-tested coach.  And this is a team with a chip on its shoulder.  They've got guys with playoff experience.  And if they don't pull it together post haste, they'll find themselves distributed to outer darkness while Cuban tries to rebuild a winner.  Pressure's on;  it's put-up or shut-up time for this team.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 09:19:43 AM »
There's no question that losing Garnett - if he actually is lost for the season - is the bigger loss.  Garnett is the defensive anchor of the Celtics, and without that, they're in trouble - most especially when they face teams with strong power forwards.  Fortunately for Boston, those teams are mostly in the West.  But this is a big loss for them.

As for Dallas - don't sleep on this team.  Offensively, they've got weapons;  defensively, they're playing for a new coach with a new style;  and if Brandon Bass steps up his game, they've got the ability to go big with Kidd-Howard-Bass-Nowtizki-Dampier or small with (Barea-Terry-Kidd-Howard)(pick 3)-Bass-Nowitzki.  Carlisle is a playoff-tested coach.  And this is a team with a chip on its shoulder.  They've got guys with playoff experience.  And if they don't pull it together post haste, they'll find themselves distributed to outer darkness while Cuban tries to rebuild a winner.  Pressure's on;  it's put-up or shut-up time for this team.

Have you noticed the confidence oozing from Terry?  It's almost as if he knows something we don't.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"