Author Topic: Parker not injured  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Parker not injured
« on: December 12, 2008, 12:45:50 PM »
RealSpurs had legitimate concerns when during the back to back vs ATL, DumbassOvich left a clearly subpar looking Tony Parker in for far too much of the game, while leaving on the bench George Hill, who is (well was till his minutes were greatly reduced as he got a stay in Cements *dog house*) having a great rookie year so far.  Back to Parker, it was about a month ago that Cementovich left him in for big minutes when the prior night Parker did 55 points and 55 minutes.  Result?  Tony blew an ankle out.   During the ATL game, Parker looked sick from the tip.  He was also seen heading to the locker room early.  Another injury?  Fear not, interview below with further Parker thoughts on the West, Diaw trade.

Tony, your bad season start seems finished.

We play better and better since we won against Denver. It gave us confidence. Because before, we had a tough loss against Detroit. We led all the game to let it slip away in the last quarter. We were really frustrated.... it actually gave us some boost. We were good against Golden State at home, we won against dallas after two OT and we kept it on against Atlanta yesterday. We're in good shape right now.

Legs should have been exhausted yesterday against Atlanta

It's the NBA calendar. You play two OT, you get home in the night and few hours later, you're playing again. I won't bring any excuse, i didn't find my rythm against Atlanta. Nothing worked. It was simply a bad game. I've already played two good games being on the court 40 minutes. I don't have any excuse about it, i wasn't good. But it's what is good with the NBA, there's no time to complain. We already have a new game (against Minnesota)

When you look at the west, it's very close.

Oh yes, it will be hard. You lose two games in a row and you're in trouble. We need to be consistent all season long to not have any bad surprise at the end of the regular season. One or two more loss and the ninth rank is for you.

How do you react to Boris (Diaw) trade to Charlotte ?

It's weird. I feel it's a step back for him. He began at Atlanta and five years later, he's again in the East in an average team. I can't imagine him in a Bobcats uniform. To know he will be in hollidays in April whereas he was fighting for the title with the Suns, it's a pain.http://www.tp9.net/fr/itw.php?id=293

Our courtside RealSpur:

Your courtide sex symbol:

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Parker not injured
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 01:28:18 PM »
RealSpurs had legitimate concerns when during the back to back vs ATL, DumbassOvich left a clearly subpar looking Tony Parker in for far too much of the game, while leaving on the bench George Hill, who is (well was till his minutes were greatly reduced as he got a stay in Cements *dog house*) having a great rookie year so far. 

True Spurs fans don't blow smoke out their ### and act like they know what they are talking about.

Parker had a bad game.  But the night before in Dallas he started 1 for 8 and ended up shooting almost 50% (12 for 25) for the game.  Should Pop have pulled him after that horrible start?  Against Atl Parker played 26 minutes and Hill 22...how is that leaving an all star in for "far too much" of the game?

As for that stupid Popovich, could you believe he left Finley in the game against Atl.  You know the old washed up guy that the Spurs should have let go to keep Barry (who BTW is INJURED again).  I don't suppose the box score showed that Finley was responsible for 10 straight points (4 baskets and an assist to TD) when Atl was closing in the 4th.

And if Hill was in Pop's doghouse he would be playing in Austin for the NBDL team...not taking away Jacques Vaughan's minutes as backup PG.  Although I guess in the RealSpurs world averaging 20 minutes a game behind an all star PG is "being in the doghouse".

Get a clue before posting as a Spurs fan in the future.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 01:47:05 PM »
Don't you think Pop is walking a fine line here?  The Spurs cannot afford to drop games to the Hawks, Parker is clearly the best PG on this squad.  Of course it would be nice to rest Parker.  Sometimes you can't. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 02:25:36 PM »
Don't you think Pop is walking a fine line here?  The Spurs cannot afford to drop games to the Hawks, Parker is clearly the best PG on this squad.  Of course it would be nice to rest Parker.  Sometimes you can't. 

No in this case Parker was truly struggling.  The Hawks were having trouble scoring for the most part...you know the old "defense wins games" approach; that was Pop's thinking.  Besides down the stretch Manu was running the offense not Hill.  The kid is a decent and improving defender (has a 6-9 wingspan for being 6-3) and was on the court with Duncan, Manu, Finley & Bowen.

Also it gave Pop a chance in December to see how the rookie would do in a tight game.  Pop really is all about experimenting with different rotations and substitution patterns for the first 30 or so games.  You can see when he gets serious and it is usually against other contenders in the west.  He used a tighter rotation against both Denver and Dallas in recent road wins. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 02:36:48 PM »

No in this case Parker was truly struggling.  The Hawks were having trouble scoring for the most part...you know the old "defense wins games" approach; that was Pop's thinking.  Besides down the stretch Manu was running the offense not Hill.  The kid is a decent and improving defender (has a 6-9 wingspan for being 6-3) and was on the court with Duncan, Manu, Finley & Bowen.

Also it gave Pop a chance in December to see how the rookie would do in a tight game.  Pop really is all about experimenting with different rotations and substitution patterns for the first 30 or so games.  You can see when he gets serious and it is usually against other contenders in the west.  He used a tighter rotation against both Denver and Dallas in recent road wins. 

Ahh okay I obviously didn't see the game so I wanted to throw that out there to get your take.

Personally I always give Popavich the benefit of the doubt when he makes a call.  The guy might know a little bit more about coaching in the NBA than we do.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 11:09:20 AM »
RealSpurs had legitimate concerns when during the back to back vs ATL, DumbassOvich left a clearly subpar looking Tony Parker in for far too much of the game, while leaving on the bench George Hill, who is (well was till his minutes were greatly reduced as he got a stay in Cements *dog house*) having a great rookie year so far. 

True Spurs fans don't blow smoke out their ### and act like they know what they are talking about.

Parker had a bad game.  But the night before in Dallas he started 1 for 8 and ended up shooting almost 50% (12 for 25) for the game.  Should Pop have pulled him after that horrible start?  Against Atl Parker played 26 minutes and Hill 22...how is that leaving an all star in for "far too much" of the game?

As for that stupid Popovich, could you believe he left Finley in the game against Atl.  You know the old washed up guy that the Spurs should have let go to keep Barry (who BTW is INJURED again).  I don't suppose the box score showed that Finley was responsible for 10 straight points (4 baskets and an assist to TD) when Atl was closing in the 4th.

And if Hill was in Pop's doghouse he would be playing in Austin for the NBDL team...not taking away Jacques Vaughan's minutes as backup PG.  Although I guess in the RealSpurs world averaging 20 minutes a game behind an all star PG is "being in the doghouse".

Get a clue before posting as a Spurs fan in the future.
Parker looked gassed from the tip.  To start the 4th, Parker had three turnovers, could have had more had not other Spurs made great saves on his sucky passes.
In Denver the night before, The Spurs players have had both the stomach flu and a respiratory thing/cold going around.  No reports on whether or not that included Parker.  Either way, you're a Lakers dream come true.

Hill finally let out of Pops *doghouse* and look at the results.