Author Topic: Leagues top 2 SGs to go at it again tonight  (Read 5217 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Leagues top 2 SGs to go at it again tonight
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 11:49:18 AM »
Twisty skirt off right on que.. :D :D
The thread was about SGs who have been in Championships the past 5 or so years.  In a desperate effort to get attention off your idol, (or onto, since he doesn't belong to the recent Championship winning SGs) you tried bringing Lebron into the discussion.  You then claimed Lebron was a SG.  I countered that with West on Williams on the floor at the same time, no way could Lebron be a SG at the same time.

Since we are discussing the best SG's in the league why put the "recent championship" into the discussion?  What is recent?  Last year?  That removes Manu from the discussion.  Two years?  Three?  Four?  This decade?  Since the ABA/NBA merger?  Too easy to own you right there.  Manu is not even top 5 so why is he in the top 2 discussion.  If you want recent title, last year, then the discussion is about Pierce vs Allen.  Do you understand that position on a roster has nothing to do with the position they play on the floor?  LeBron is a PG/SG/SF and he plays a ton of PG since he has the ball for 23 seconds of the shot clock for most of the time it seems.  Do you understand that height has NOTHING to do with what position you play on the court?  Probably not.

You then and now babble about TD being a PF while avoiding West, Williams and Lebron on the floor at the same time.  Who is playing SG?

With West, Williams and LeBron on the court LeBron has been playing PG a ton.  He handles the ball most of the time and usually shoots it so he's playing PG and SG, to it seems that the Cavs have 6 guys on the court!  :D  The Cavs paid some big money to bring in Hughs and he didn't pan out.  Looks like West might stick but his role is similar to Fisher, he's a PG in name only, he routinely stands out beyond the arc to space the floor and give LeBron someone to dish too much like Kobe/Gasol do with Fisher.  Is this B-Ball talk too much?  I know that since you only know boxscores that it's hard to understand that players don't just play the position that's listed on the stat sheet or in some cases they don't even play the position listed in the stat sheet.

You want to accuse me of skirting while running away like a beyotch and hiding behind Manu's skirt when I asked you about TD.  What position does TD play when Bonner or Flabs is on the court?  How does that play into your LeBron is taller than the other to guys argument?  OWNED!
Que your skirts and juvinile overuse of self proclaimed **ownage**.  Most outgrew that in 1999.

I guess you are not like most since you try your lame RealOwned routine.  You try to play the own game but you are getting owned so bad by so many people that NOW you claim to not want to play.  LMAO@U!

No skirting, just PURE ownage.  Pimp hand owning of Reality!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 05:38:22 PM »
WOW...you are going too far in this argument.  If I had another day I don't think I could address all the problems.

We could start with the primary ball handler being the PG as you say about LBJ.  I guess following that logic Kobe is also primarily a PG.

BTW LBJ has played mostly the 3 spot this year with some 4 when the Cavs go small.  Reality's point was what position does he play when there are 3 guards on the floor (counting LBJ as a guard).

And for the whole Pierce as a SG argument...he has played SF almost his entire career.

I could keep going but have limited time.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »
WOW...you are going too far in this argument.  If I had another day I don't think I could address all the problems.

We could start with the primary ball handler being the PG as you say about LBJ.  I guess following that logic Kobe is also primarily a PG.

BTW LBJ has played mostly the 3 spot this year with some 4 when the Cavs go small.  Reality's point was what position does he play when there are 3 guards on the floor (counting LBJ as a guard).

And for the whole Pierce as a SG argument...he has played SF almost his entire career.

Kobe has not been the primary ball handler since Fishers arrival.  He's even less of a ball handler now that Gasol is in the mix.  Kobe is catch and shoot or catch and isolate.  Kobe pre-fisher was the PG/SG/SF and PF for the most part. :)  Do we really need to go over the "triangle" offense again?  Rarely do you see Kobe go baseline to baseline with the ball anymore like I STILL see LBJ do. 

Pierce plays a very similar role to Kobe.  Allen is clearly a traditional SG, much like D-Fish is when the ball crosses half court, bascially comming off screens for jumpers.  But the one guy that plays most like Kobe is Pierce IMO.  LBJ's play is more like Wade's, they both dominate the ball for the entire game/shot clock.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 06:09:09 PM »

Kobe doesn't take the ball up the court nor does he initiate the offense Lurker.  That is not how the triangle is designed.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 09:34:32 AM »

Kobe doesn't take the ball up the court nor does he initiate the offense Lurker.  That is not how the triangle is designed.

And THIS season that is true of LBJ also.  Mo Williams brings the ball up court more.  You two Laker fans are pulling a Randy and seeing LBJ through prior season's glasses.  Look at this season then come back and discuss.  LBJ plays the SF position...and it has nothing to do with his listed height.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 10:10:11 AM »

And THIS season that is true of LBJ also.  Mo Williams brings the ball up court more.  You two Laker fans are pulling a Randy and seeing LBJ through prior season's glasses.  Look at this season then come back and discuss.  LBJ plays the SF position...and it has nothing to do with his listed height.

Um I didn't comment on Lebron James.  That was W.O.W.  Not me.  So it's not 'Us two Laker fans'  All I said was Kobe does not bring the ball up and he doesn't initiate the offense.

Lebron James still does initiate the offense for the Cavs regardless though.  Sure he doesn't walk the ball up the court everytime but he is still the 6 cylinders on the Cavs V8.   With out Lebron James they have no offense.  If he doesn't drive and kick or drive and score, they well, lose.  When is the last time you saw Lebron James only take 3 shots in an entire half?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 10:24:38 AM »
Um I didn't comment on Lebron James.  That was W.O.W.  Not me.  So it's not 'Us two Laker fans'  All I said was Kobe does not bring the ball up and he doesn't initiate the offense.

Lurker is in "Lurker" mode, which he refers to "Randy" mode.  I think that's the funniest thing about their exchanges, both of them do EXACTLY what they accuse the other of doing.  ;D

Lebron James still does initiate the offense for the Cavs regardless though.  Sure he doesn't walk the ball up the court everytime but he is still the 6 cylinders on the Cavs V8.   With out Lebron James they have no offense.  If he doesn't drive and kick or drive and score, they well, lose.  When is the last time you saw Lebron James only take 3 shots in an entire half?

Exactly.  It could be the Lurker is correct about LBJ BUT in the 3 games I've seen for the Cavs, I've seen LeBron dominate the ball the same way Wade does for Miami.  It could be that Lurker has seen way more games than me, I don't know, I just know what I saw in the 3 games I watched.  Lurker is probably guilty of what he is accusing us of doing, looking at Kobe with TWO year old glasses.  Kobe is not the primary ball handler anymore, Fisher/Odom/Sasha/Jordan have really taken the responsibility of bringing up the ball away from Kobe and Gasol has taken a HUGE load off of Kobe in regards to running the offense in the half court set and having the ball run through him instead of Kobe.  The Lakers are trying to do the same with Bynum with the 2nd unit but Odom seems to handle the responsibility better.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 12:38:57 PM »

20 pts by halftime.
Stripped Kobster twice.

GNobili!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 06:41:59 PM »

20 pts by halftime.
Stripped Kobster twice.

GNobili!

More pics from SpursTalk?  ::)

Quote from: Obstructed_View;3031105
Mason's individual defense on Kobe was VERY good.  Fabbs, you're an idiot as usual; Kobe took that three because Mason was watching for the pick and backing off to keep Kobe from going past him.  The Spurs basically had one double to throw at Kobe, and if you recall, they used it wisely.

Fabbs = Reality

LOL, even on a homer board like SpursTalk you get OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"