Author Topic: Clips Game  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Clips Game
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2008, 08:09:08 PM »
I know they don't run plays for Thad, but it almost seems like no one on the team will even pass to him, even mor after he racks up a big first half.  This is several games now where Thad had 14 or more points at the half and ended up with less than 20 for the game.  The defenses collapse on any Sixers penetration or any time the ball is dumped into Brand.  Time after time that happened in the late third through late forth quarters, and there would be Thad standing there at the three point line wide open with no one even giving him a second look.  Don't run plays for him, just kick the ball out a couple of times a game and he would score 20 easily.  Speights actually seems to get significantly more passes in scoring position than Thad does, not that I am complaining about that from Speights side, he is really a gifted scorer. 

I am back to thinking that it would not kill me if they started WG and brought Thad in early off the bench.  As long as he got 35 mpg one way or another I would be OK.  He would be a go to scorer on the second team and Iggy could start at SF.  It is not really a good idea, but it's not worse than what they are doing now.

BTW, I am loving Fagan, if she is a team mouthpiece, then I wouldn't want to be in Cheeks' shoes.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 09:03:04 PM »
When Iguodala passed the ball for Thad to hit the open 3 late in the game I was actually surprised.  He really is the last option out there- exactly the role Iguodala served before the AI trade.

I'm not sure I agree with the 6th man idea.  Thad has been pulled 1st of the starters and then runs with the second team to start the 2nd quarter.  t hasn't worked out well.  Thad is great, but he does better mixed in with good teammates so he can take advantage f openings.  He is not yet the type of player that really carries a group of lesser players.

They need to find a happy medium where Thad is integrated into the offense, but not necessarily where he is expected to create and carry the team.  Iguodala fits the creator role better anyway- there where a few times when Thad has turned it over when he tries to do to much and forces a drive or pass.  But within the flow he is amazing.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 12:59:57 AM »
Word, Skates.

Fagan has been both open and clear in her criticism...and it is from somebody who clearly knows the game and can break it down.  For a beat writer, she doesn't sugarcoat things.

And if a bunch of yabos like us can see this stuff, you have to think that Stefanski does...and that it is only a matter of time before he has a word with Mo...

Play Speights.  Play Lou.  Run plays for Thad.

Either that...or you and the coaching staff get this team's collective shit together and start playing better.  Time's waisting...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 11:12:09 AM »
Word, Skates.

And if a bunch of yabos like us can see this stuff, you have to think that Stefanski does...and that it is only a matter of time before he has a word with Mo...

Aside from having no idea what a yabo is, I think you are right.  There is reason for optimism, even if what e have watched so far is frustrating.

On the flip side, if they don't make those adjustments it will be trouble once the schedule turns meaner.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 03:06:31 PM »
OTOH, the "Sixersville" columns by Jasner and Smallwood have been so completely in line with everything Mo says that it is enough to make one sick.  They sound like the Sixers mouthpiece announcers in Zumoff and Salmi who repeat the company line about Thad not needing plays run for him so many times it sounds like they have it on a loop.  I have not read one of their pieces yet this year that gave me any insight into the team or made me believe thay have their own opinions.  Funny thing is that guys like that will be the first ones to turn on Mo once he is gone.  Those guys suck big time.