Author Topic: Curry to SPURS?? I hope not. Marbury wants to play here too....please no...  (Read 1021 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
I don't like the idead of either player coming here, even if we are playing without tony and manu, no way we need a bad players contract boggin us down before next year...

Donnie Walsh sees Al Harrington as made for Knicks
BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, November 6th 2008, 9:26 PM

Knicks president Donnie Walsh continues to pursue Golden State forward Al Harrington, but may need a third team to make a trade happen.

Harrington's contract matches the salary of Eddy Curry, who fell out of Mike D'Antoni's rotation even before suffering a knee injury. He is expected to be sidelined for two weeks.

The Knicks are willing to trade Curry, but the Warriors don't appear to have much interest in the former Bulls center. One other possibility would be for the Knicks to trade Malik Rose and David Lee to Golden State for Harrington. Otherwise, Walsh will have to find a third party.

One such team could be the San Antonio Spurs, who have a history of making trades with the Knicks and desperately need additional scoring.

The feeling is that by playing alongside Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, Curry could resurrect his career under Spurs coach Greg Popovich. One major stumbling block is that the Spurs may not have enough assets to satisfy the Warriors in a three-way move.

When Walsh was running the Indiana Pacers, he drafted Harrington in the first round out of St. Patrick High School in Elizabeth, N.J. Harrington is the type of versatile power forward that D'Antoni seeks for his system.

Marburry wants to play for San Antonio
J.D. Hutchins, SpursReport
Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Stephon Marbury, visiting San Antonio yesterday with the Knicks- a team that has benched him permanently- acknowledged that if the Knicks cut him and the Spurs show interest, playing for San Antonio would be at the top of his list.

The New York Post reports in Wednesday morning's editions that Marbury felt another snub from Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni yesterday when injured Eddy Curry was activated over him for last night's game against the Spurs.

Curry himself had been the subject of a trade rumor involving the Spurs earlier in the week-- an idea most Spurs fans reacted negatively to.

"Who wouldn't want to play for San Antonio?" Marbury said. "To play with Tim Duncan, who would complain about that? That's a great organization, they win championships. They have a nice system and I like (Gregg) Popovich as coach. I can play 1 or the 2. If I was a free agent, yeah."

Spurs general manager R.C. Buford has said he might look for a point guard after losing Tony Parker for a month.

The only point guards on the roster are rookie George Hill, who started last night, and Jacque Vaughn. A trade is unlikely because Marbury is scheduled to earn $42 million over the next two seasons. The Knicks' history suggests that they might be inclined to negotiate a buyout for Marbury, who then would become a free agent, but Knicks G.M. Donnie Walsh has indicated that he is not ready to waive Marbury.

"It's a situation where the Knicks are trying to make his stay miserable so he asks for a much less expensive buyout," said one insider. "It's a textbook play."

D'Antoni has taken some heat from Knicks fans who feel Marbury has been slighted. "I know, but we get back to the same thing. I just think it's better that I'm going to play my guys. And that's who's going to play. So there's no reason to change course right now."

Marbury wasn't surprised.

"Mike said he's going forward and not playing me," Marbury said. "I'll wait the whole year if I have to."

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
The Curry thing was already discussed in another thread.  The only people reporting that SA would be interested are NY sportswriters & bloggers.  No one else anywhere is even hinting that the Spurs would be interested in Curry.  IMO that is a NY pipe dream.  Curry does not add anything to the Spurs roster...except dead weight.  And tons of that!

Marbury is an interesting idea.  But then after about...oh, 30 seconds of reflection:  HELL NO!!!!  The Spurs don't need a cancer.  Pop & Buford spend as much time looking for chemistry as they do talent.  And whe talking about Marbury the last word that comes to mind is ch...chem...che...

Damn can't even put those two words in the same sentence.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
The Curry thing was already discussed in another thread.  The only people reporting that SA would be interested are NY sportswriters & bloggers.  No one else anywhere is even hinting that the Spurs would be interested in Curry.  IMO that is a NY pipe dream.  Curry does not add anything to the Spurs roster...except dead weight.  And tons of that!

Marbury is an interesting idea.  But then after about...oh, 30 seconds of reflection:  HELL NO!!!!  The Spurs don't need a cancer.  Pop & Buford spend as much time looking for chemistry as they do talent.  And whe talking about Marbury the last word that comes to mind is ch...chem...che...

Damn can't even put those two words in the same sentence.

I must have been away from the board during the Curry thing.  As for Marbury, yeah, I hope they keep him on the bench all year.  I would rather we play our young guys then pick up someone as bad as Marbury.  Any franchise players coming in this years draft we can try to get a ping pong bounce for?? lol.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.