Author Topic: This is PATHETIC, Lakers pre-game advertising  (Read 792 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
This is PATHETIC, Lakers pre-game advertising
« on: November 11, 2008, 08:39:09 PM »
Jack In The Box paid for Jim Hill and James Worthy to plug their new Chicken Bowl.  Kind of lame but I think we all understand advertising pays the bills right?  Well after coming back from break James Worthy decided to talk up the chicken bowl, made sure the camera zoomed up on it 10x, gave tips about eating healthy (Because Jack In The Box is healthy), and pretty much treated it like that one prostitute he got popped with back in the 80s.  It was almost as if Jack In The Box just bought James Worthy a new car.  Do they ever do things like this on your local stations?????

This is the kind of lame junk we put up with being in a bigger market.....that and some of the worst bandwagon fans in the history of sports....the same ones who will start eating "healthy" at Jack In The Box because the Lakers told them so....

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:41:26 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

Re: This is PATHETIC, Lakers pre-game advertising
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 08:41:39 PM »
Santa Barbara has some of the WORST advertising in the world - mostly for bail bonds organizations

In fact I just saw an ad from Utah where Deron Williams couldn't get his teammates to help him move...ok

As far as i'm concerned - aside from apple and espn - most advertising sucks beyond belief and i can't believe people fall for it

jemagee

Re: This is PATHETIC, Lakers pre-game advertising
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 08:42:01 PM »
Can I just say that 'tape delayed' games for LA teams always irritates me