Author Topic: Let's go YOYERS!  (Read 7778 times)

jemagee

Re: Let's go YOYERS!
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 10:52:31 AM »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 11:13:28 AM »
http://www.thegoodphight.com/2008/10/8/630847/ten-things-you-might-not-k

Just to make sure everyone knows

1.  Who cares?  The Cubs had a better record and got swept.  This is the playoffs.  Not the regular season.  They could have finished 30 games higher then the Dodgers and that doesn't mean they automatically get the W.

2.  See #1

3.  The Angles were awesome on the road and could only muster up one win in the first round.  Again, this is the playoffs.

4.  Wash.....and uhhh how did a pitcher friendly park HELP the Dodgers in this spot?  See number 8...the pitching friendly park helped the Dodgers hit more HRS?!  Yet in #8 it's a negative against their pitching staff because it's a pitcher friendly park?

5.  Retard philly logic here or a bad attempt at being funny

6.  Great but did they dispatch the best team in the national league in 3 games?  I think it's safe to say the end of the Dodgers season AND how badly the beat up the Cubs says a lot as well.

7.  Is Ryan Howard really more feared then Manny Ramirez at the plate?  Does he make pitchers real nervous when he touches the on deck circle?  I am sure they are very much aware of Ryan Howard but Manny Ramirez is a much more high profile hitter and has been more consistent then Howard has in his career.  There is a reason that Manny is going to be a hall of fame player.

8.  Valid point though I feel it's a bit skewed to try to fluff up the numbers together.

9.  I keep seeing 'incredible' pitchers park as if each number that goes on it's gets more and more impossible to hit in Dodger stadium at all.  I guess since it's a little tougher to hit a HR in Dodger stadium then say Phillie's home base, that it means NO ONE can get any time of hits.  HRs or nothing!!!

10.  Of course they out hit the Dodgers because most of the Dodgers "hitters" have been out for injuries for a chunk of the season.  Nomar who was swinging the bats last year was gone.  Furcal was gone.  Dodgers didn't have Manny towards the end.  As the rest of the guys came back and got their groove in you could see what they did to the Cubs.

As this guy helps bend the Manny/Torre media spin out of control (even though it's not really a spin, they really are a better baseball team because of those two) I will keep pointing out the ultra bias homerism when you post his articles ;)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 11:21:22 AM »
9.  I keep seeing 'incredible' pitchers park as if each number that goes on it's gets more and more impossible to hit in Dodger stadium at all.  I guess since it's a little tougher to hit a HR in Dodger stadium then say Phillie's home base, that it means NO ONE can get any time of hits.  HRs or nothing!!!

No, that's not what it means at all...

As this guy helps bend the Manny/Torre media spin out of control (even though it's not really a spin, they really are a better baseball team because of those two) I will keep pointing out the ultra bias homerism when you post his articles

It's already out of control, and as for your second assertion...the numbers indicate that the dodgers weren't better than the phillies post manny, the phillies play in a tougher division and were better on the road than the dodgers...as for Joe Torre, he's the most over rated manager in baseball (though while in new york he wasn't even the most over rated member of the yankees, that was derek jeter).

If you want to talk about injuries, than Manny Ramirez isn't even the most important Dodger, Rafael Furcal is...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 11:32:57 AM »

No, that's not what it means at all...

As this guy helps bend the Manny/Torre media spin out of control (even though it's not really a spin, they really are a better baseball team because of those two) I will keep pointing out the ultra bias homerism when you post his articles

It's already out of control, and as for your second assertion...the numbers indicate that the dodgers weren't better than the phillies post manny, the phillies play in a tougher division and were better on the road than the dodgers...as for Joe Torre, he's the most over rated manager in baseball (though while in new york he wasn't even the most over rated member of the yankees, that was derek jeter).

If you want to talk about injuries, than Manny Ramirez isn't even the most important Dodger, Rafael Furcal is...

The Dodgers post-Manny were also not better then the Cubs.....up until they played one another in the playoffs.  Now there is no doubt in anyone's mind who the better team really as when it was all said and done.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 11:34:21 AM »
Can you guys take your gay discussion to a baseball board?  How can anyone watch a sport that has a team with a queer name like the Phillies?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 11:35:31 AM »
The Dodgers post-Manny were also not better then the Cubs.....up until they played one another in the playoffs.  Now there is no doubt in anyone's mind who the better team really as when it was all said and done.

That's actually an incorrect statement.  3 games is less than 2% of the season.

Were the Giants better than the Patriots last year?  Any reasoned mind would say no, they were just better on one day.

I understand that it's the playoffs, but the 'best' team doesn't always win, the rockies were NOT the best NL team last year, they just got on a role at the right time, and it's why very few if any reasoned people thought the rockies would come close to sniffing the playoffs this year (and look how right they were)

The dodgers were better than the cubs last week, that doesn't make em the better team, it makes em better in a small sample size at the right time.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 11:41:26 AM »

Were the Giants better than the Patriots last year?  Any reasoned mind would say no, they were just better on one day.

I understand that it's the playoffs, but the 'best' team doesn't always win, the rockies were NOT the best NL team last year, they just got on a role at the right time, and it's why very few if any reasoned people thought the rockies would come close to sniffing the playoffs this year (and look how right they were)

The dodgers were better than the cubs last week, that doesn't make em the better team, it makes em better in a small sample size at the right time.

In the playoffs, when you lose, you are not the better team.  That is why it is the playoffs and that is why you are eliminated.  The better team wins.  It only takes being good on a few nights to win in the playoffs.

If the Cubs really were the better team they would have beat the Dodgers.  Since you don't believe in their curse what else is it?  Not only did they beat them but they beat them badly, 3 games in a row.    If the Phillies beat the Dodgers then they are the better team.  Until that point, they are not better than them.  This is not the regular season and the regular season doesn't count once the playoffs start.  I don't see the Cubs getting a re-do because they almost won 100 games.  Ask the Angels if winning 100 games in the season means anything right now.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 11:50:56 AM »

That is not correct.  Playoff Football and Baseball/Basketball are totally different.  Football playoffs are more similiar to College Basketball playoffs.  One game can make all the difference in the world between champ and chump.  NOT so in baseball and basketball.  A 7 game series will typically show who the better team is, barring injuries of course.  A "fluke" does NOT win 4 out of 7 games, a better team does.  IMO a very simple concept. 

I've heard there are one-game playoffs in baseball, so that might be the exception to the rule but you only get that scenario when two teams end up with the same record.

Geeze, do I really need to explain this?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »
Psst

Charlie Manuel has a better managerial winning percentage than Joe Torre

BTW - the divisional series is 3 of 5 - not 4 of 7 right?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 04:57:13 PM »
Psst

First round is 3 out of 5, everything else is 7 game series.

jemagee

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2008, 08:28:52 AM »
Bump

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2008, 08:31:57 AM »
Psst

First round is 3 out of 5, everything else is 7 game series.

I sort of figured Baseball fans are not very smart.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2008, 09:23:17 AM »
lol @ bumping a thread but not adding anything to it to try to gloat.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2008, 09:55:07 AM »
lol @ bumping a thread but not adding anything to it to try to gloat.

bump up the jam!!!!

bump, bump, bump your boat gently down the stream.....
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"