Author Topic: Opinions Sought on Logo  (Read 2679 times)

jemagee

Opinions Sought on Logo
« on: October 02, 2008, 11:59:40 AM »
Any comments would be appreciated

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Opinions Sought on Logo
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 12:34:23 PM »
What is the logo for? 

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 12:37:55 PM »
Something I'm working on - for a class - an idea for a web site that would require a lot of work from me - but this is just a design class so functionality isn't so much important

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:02:34 PM »
The logo is fine.  Are you going to follow through with the web site?  If so, what kind of site are you envisioning? 

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 01:12:22 PM »
The logo is fine.  Are you going to follow through with the web site?  If so, what kind of site are you envisioning? 

I'm going to TRY and follow through on the web site, but the vision i have for it is kind of all encompassing...the tagline i'm thinking is 'where basketball evolution happens' (Can the NBA sue me for that?)...

The thing I've noticed about the 'new school' and 'old school' of baseball (call it pre/post moneyball if you want) is that they don't get along, they don't discuss with each other and they seem to actively hate each other (on both sides of it)...i'm thinking of creating a site that encompasses the old and the new school and tries to build even something newer in the understanding of analysis of basketball.  I like new stats, but I see positives in old stats (and negatives on both sides as well)...I also envision a deep statistical database type thing for analysis and research if so desired.  I also want to try and see if my basketball suicide will have any interest (i'm thinking about running it for college also, by conference, as conference wonks love to beat up on each other and talk smack)...it's a grandiose idea i know, but i have a problem thinking up 'simple' web site ideas...stupid right brained thinking.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 01:55:40 PM »

I'm going to TRY and follow through on the web site, but the vision i have for it is kind of all encompassing...the tagline i'm thinking is 'where basketball evolution happens' (Can the NBA sue me for that?)...

The thing I've noticed about the 'new school' and 'old school' of baseball (call it pre/post moneyball if you want) is that they don't get along, they don't discuss with each other and they seem to actively hate each other (on both sides of it)...i'm thinking of creating a site that encompasses the old and the new school and tries to build even something newer in the understanding of analysis of basketball.  I like new stats, but I see positives in old stats (and negatives on both sides as well)...I also envision a deep statistical database type thing for analysis and research if so desired.  I also want to try and see if my basketball suicide will have any interest (i'm thinking about running it for college also, by conference, as conference wonks love to beat up on each other and talk smack)...it's a grandiose idea i know, but i have a problem thinking up 'simple' web site ideas...stupid right brained thinking.

The logo looks cool, but Governor Palin does not believe in your tagline.   ;D

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 02:02:26 PM »
That's fair, I don't believe Governor Palin is 'hot' and that they tone her down with make up - woman is just plain looking - hey look - you can play with her last name and make her sarah plain and tall (tales)

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 03:56:15 PM »
I've always felt that Jerry West was a little overrated as a GM

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 04:04:51 PM »

Why?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 05:08:25 PM »

I am not quite sure where you got that from.  Sure he didn't take the Grizzlies to the promise land but who thought he would?  Aside from that his GM record is pretty impressive from maintaining the Lakers success from the 80s all the way through the 2000s.  The Lakers are still contenders thanks in part to Jerry West taking Kobe Bryant for Vlade Divac....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 05:21:41 PM »
Now if you want a GM whose luster seems to be losing a little shine, check out northern california, sacramento way

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »
Oh wait, i'm very very slow - was that a joke on the subject line?  I get it now