Author Topic: Andre Miller Says Something Encouraging  (Read 1705 times)

jemagee

Andre Miller Says Something Encouraging
« on: July 20, 2008, 12:06:39 PM »
Hey, after all the quotes from him that make it seem like he couldn't care to be on the sixers or not :)

"I think it's great that Elton Brand chose to sign with us," Miller said. "The way we came together at the end of last year was the first step, and adding one of the best power forwards in the league shows that we aren't satisfied with just making the playoffs.

"I really think we can do great things this year, and I'm excited to be a part of it."

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Andre Miller Says Something Encouraging
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 12:50:09 PM »
Hey, after all the quotes from him that make it seem like he couldn't care to be on the sixers or not :)

"I think it's great that Elton Brand chose to sign with us," Miller said. "The way we came together at the end of last year was the first step, and adding one of the best power forwards in the league shows that we aren't satisfied with just making the playoffs.

"I really think we can do great things this year, and I'm excited to be a part of it."

He seems like he is just really a private, extremely quiet guy.  I recall Stefanski saying even his agent can't get him to talk sometimes.  This quote is major oratory for him.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
Well.... it's about time the guy talks about being a Sixer. Does this excitement mean he'll be here beyond next season?? Not really but I'd rather hear these sorts of things than hear him say he's a west coast guy one more time.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 09:17:22 AM »
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20080911_Andre_Miller_says_he_s_happy_with_Sixers.html

Miller speaks again.  I would like to see him on a two year extension with a young PG coming aboard in next year's supposedly PG heavy draft.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 01:30:46 PM »
I guess I'd want to wait and see how Miller/Iguodala/Young fit together in the backcourt.  If they need better shooting, or Lou surprises us and seems ready to be the scoring PG the team needs, then it might be better to move Miller.

But if the team is doing well  and is a good fit, I'd certainly consider extending him a couple of years.