Author Topic: The Doberman????  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
The Doberman????
« on: August 01, 2008, 02:20:27 PM »
I always thought Kobe was a dog but now he confirms it...

The best piece of defensive work was performed by Bryant, who was all over Jasikevicius the same way he was against Leandro Barbosa of Brazil last summer during the Tournament of the Americas. The box score listed just three turnovers for the former member of the Pacers and Warriors, but the count on press row was more like seven or eight.

This is the same Jasikevicius who burned the Americans four years ago in Athens by burying seven 3-pointers and scoring 28 points in an opening-round victory over the U.S. And although it has only been four years since then, so thorough was the job Bryant did on Jasikevicius, he made him look like a player 10 years past his prime.

"He had a great game against us a few years ago, and he was real brash about it, trash talking and things of that nature. So it's my responsibility to bring it to him," Bryant said. "He reminded me of it, so we sicced the Doberman on him."

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=USALithuania-080801
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: The Doberman????
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:46:13 PM »
I would have preferred Rottwieler but a Dobey will do.  At least we don't have a bunch of poodles running around with their tails tucked between their legs like last time.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Doberman????
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 02:59:37 PM »
I am glad that someone is leading the pack to play better defense.  As Kobe focuses more on it others will as well and from reading the article that is what happened.   If anything, aside from what we've all discussed,  that has a been a problem of this US team during International games.  They think that they simply can outscore the opponent because they are more athletic.  Not the case with the range and accuracy of the Euro shooters.

Btw once again...I am so glad I post here with everyone on this board.  Anyone bother to read some of the comments to the article?   Pretty sad.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 03:05:47 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com