Author Topic: There is No Spoon  (Read 1984 times)

jemagee

There is No Spoon
« on: September 25, 2008, 07:31:51 PM »
and apparently, the sixers playbook of 2007 is no more either.

"Elton Brand, preparing diligently for the 76ers' coming season, asked to see last season's playbook. 'There is no playbook,' coach Maurice Cheeks said. 'That playbook doesn't exist anymore.' The new playbook isn't necessarily built around Brand, the power forward signed in the summer as a free agent, but it is built to maximize use of his skills as a low-post player at both ends of the floor."

I'm going to guess that this is where we see what kind of coaching staff the sixers really have?

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: There is No Spoon
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 12:07:55 AM »
Nah, they just took last year's playbook and just stuck a 5th guy in the picture on offense.  No need to have 5 guys in the offensive playbook with Dalembert and Evans.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 08:52:43 AM »
I love the article yesterday where they asked how Sammy and Brand could co-exist down low.  Easy solution, get Sammy the hell out of the way except for the token touches he must get to keep him from whining.  Sammy should stick to alley-oops from the Andre's, it's his best shot.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 11:59:11 AM »
I love the article yesterday where they asked how Sammy and Brand could co-exist down low.  Easy solution, get Sammy the hell out of the way except for the token touches he must get to keep him from whining.  Sammy should stick to alley-oops from the Andre's, it's his best shot.

Agreed.  Miller and Iguodala always look to throw it up for Daly whenever his man leaves him.  His man should be leaving him much more this year with Brand getting so much attention.  Outside of that, he should get a few of those 15 footers he's fallen in love with over the last couple years, but that's it.  Sam's days of being the #1 option down low are over. 

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 12:44:38 PM »
Seeing as how he shoots those 15 footers at a rate lower than Pedro Feliz walks, he really shouldn't EVER take them...if he's not close enough to dunk, he shouldn't be shooting, period and he should be instructed as such, he should always be around the basket to clean upu the garbage...unfortunately sam's history indicates a little petulance when he's not used the way he THINKS he should be used, whether it's best for the team or not, and his problems on the canada team this summer are disconcerting to me