Author Topic: T-Mac interested in Pistons?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: T-Mac interested in Pistons?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 05:18:25 PM »
go t-mac go!!!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 09:28:44 AM »
And why would the Pistons be interested in T-Mac?  To be a 6th man off the bench?  To replace Rip or Prince?

Stupid rumor.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 09:30:34 AM »
And why would the Pistons be interested in T-Mac?  To be a 6th man off the bench?  To replace Rip or Prince?

Stupid rumor.

I don't think it would be entirely a bad thing to have Prince come off the bench....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »

Stupid rumor.

I don't think it would be entirely a bad thing to have Prince come off the bench....

I think it IS a bad thing to have your best perimeter defender coming off the bench.  You generally look for scoring punch off the bench not defensive stopper.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 09:59:16 AM »
Joe Dumars made a lot of noise about 'change' before the playoffs ended after the pistons were eliminated, and many people speculated that at least one of the starting 5 would be gone (most likely wallace) before next season...I'm not sure when the 'big name' tradig season starts, but if there is one, the pistons might be pretty active.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 10:31:47 AM »
Joe Dumars made a lot of noise about 'change' before the playoffs ended after the pistons were eliminated, and many people speculated that at least one of the starting 5 would be gone (most likely wallace) before next season...I'm not sure when the 'big name' tradig season starts, but if there is one, the pistons might be pretty active.

I agree that Wallace is the most likely starter to be moved...but why trade a starting PF for a player that duplicates the 2 players you already have.  As well as 2 of your younger players that are developing nicely in Stuckey & Affalo.  Pistons need FRONT COURT help to replace Wallace/McDyess.  T-Mac doesn't address that.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 10:35:22 AM »
First off - consider the source of this rumor - the source of this rumor is stephen A smith, one of the few people on ESPN i think has LESS credibility than Skip Bayless

Secondly the rumor doesn't even state that the pistons are interested in the first round dud that is T-Mac, but that he's in terested in the pistons.

Thirdly there are reports from much more reliable sources (like the rockets GM being quoted and T-mac agreeing) that they have zero zilch plans to trade Tracy McGrady

As far as believability and credibility in the rumor mongering business, I gotta thinnk that Stephen A Smith falls around the same place as sam smith...