Author Topic: Summer League  (Read 9613 times)

jemagee

Re: Summer League
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 10:15:56 AM »
It's true, i placed right next to the speculum

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2008, 10:19:13 AM »
Wait... I don't
Last summer the guy who impressed most in Pre-summer league practice was Byars- so I think your sceptisism is well placed.

I think this is a bit off. I do believe last summer was dominated by Lou Williams and not Byars. Either way, don't believe the hype. Thad SHOULD do big things there...

jemagee

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2008, 10:23:24 AM »
he said pre summer league, williams was the most impressive on the court, i believe he's saying the sixers 'politico-speak' praised byars...don't know if he's right or wrong, but just how i read it

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2008, 11:05:17 AM »
There were a few articles about the practices before the games started where Mo was very impressed by Byars ability to play 3 postitions, his defense and maturity. 

Then Byars got hurt, never really played in summer league, and was beat out by Hill for a roster spot.

I wonder what improtant peice of information could have been saved instead of that useless peice of Sixers trivia.

jemagee

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »
Draft Express does some nice scouting write ups - from day two on thaddeus young

Unfortunately, Young didn?t show much development in his jumper today, looking tentative and largely unrefined from the perimeter. A year?s worth of experience has done him a lot of good, but he?s still a work in progress offensively. On the defensive end, he?s made a lot of strides, and knows how to use his length and athleticism to create turnovers and easy scoring opportunities.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2008, 07:32:41 AM »
I noticed Dahntay Jones' write-up from that game for Denver was favorable. I've always been interested in this guy for some reason. Solid role player on the Memphis playoff teams, good size on the wing, an excellent defender. Not much of an offensive game, but I'd think you could do worse for a team that could use good perimeter defenders.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2008, 09:25:13 PM »
We won! We won! WE WON!