Author Topic: Sixers jump shooting  (Read 9685 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Sixers jump shooting
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2008, 10:08:40 PM »
Skates:

Listening to Brand's comments at that charity BB game at Temple today, he fully expects the Sixers to match any offers for Iggy...so it's going to have to be a BIG number to keep us from matching (we wouldn't want to piss off our new franchise guy right out of the chute by letting one of the reasons he came here in the first place walk away.

Were you at the game?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »
Skates:

Listening to Brand's comments at that charity BB game at Temple today, he fully expects the Sixers to match any offers for Iggy...so it's going to have to be a BIG number to keep us from matching (we wouldn't want to piss off our new franchise guy right out of the chute by letting one of the reasons he came here in the first place walk away.

Withot hearing anything from Brand I would agree with you anyway.  My reference to circumstances that would cause him to be traded would include a very big number on the contract and a dissolution of goodwill between him and the team.  I don't expect it to happen at all, but I never expected Brand would be here a week ago.  Truthfully, if Iggy really wanted to go to LAC or Memphis, the only team that could pay him, enough to make a stink of having to stay if we matched, he would be nuts.  The only way I see a problem with Iggy is if he has convinced himself that he really is a number one franchise type guy.  Hopefully, he is not that delusional.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2008, 12:37:36 AM »
Well, I just went down every team's roster to see what players might be had for either Evans or Jason Smith and due to contract size and whether or not there was a match (shooter for us, reserve PF for them) the only two scenarios I could come up with in the entire league are for JJ Redick or Matt Carroll.

The other scenario in which I pondered is whether I would actually be willing to move LouWill in a sign and trade if it landed us a solid shooter. In almost all realistic scenarios, I would say no.

Jamal Crawford is a name I have some interest in. He has his best year last season but I'm not sure that NY would want to move him. Also, he's not a great outside shooter although I do believe he has a better shot than most on our team.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2008, 07:24:08 AM »
tk:

Nope...just comments that I saw on Comcast SportsNite last night...

jemagee

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2008, 08:43:00 AM »
I'd wait and see how this group mixes before trading a young big that looks to have the potential to be a rotation player.  A shooter may not be this team's biggest need, we won't know until they start playing.

That's not really true, unless of course we are assuming that there will be gross improvement from multiple players in their outside shooting...which isn't likely

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2008, 09:38:40 AM »
I'd wait and see how this group mixes before trading a young big that looks to have the potential to be a rotation player.  A shooter may not be this team's biggest need, we won't know until they start playing.

That's not really true, unless of course we are assuming that there will be gross improvement from multiple players in their outside shooting...which isn't likely

I expect significant improvement from Iguodala, Young and Lou.  The question is how quickly they improve.  Iguodala already improved 5% last year on his jumper eFG% from 37->42%  I expect further improvement both because he works on his game, and his shots will be easier and lessed forced this year.

Miller and Brand are already good jump shooters out to 17 feet.  Sam shouldn't shoot outside 12 feet.

Speights and Smith have good jumpers, but it remains to be seen if they gate many minutes instead of Evans (who shoould never shoot, except when spinning away from 17 feet with Sheed in his face- then he's money :D )

jemagee

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2008, 10:02:34 AM »
Sam shouldn't shoot outside 12 feet.

Those are metric feet that somehow convert to 3 american feet right?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2008, 11:10:15 AM »
Sam shouldn't shoot, only dunk.

Sorry, fixed.