Author Topic: Nenad Kristic  (Read 3181 times)

Offline The Poster

• View Profile
    • Email
Nenad Kristic
« on: July 06, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »
I don't really want to but we better discuss this now rather than later, and do our pissing and moaning now rather than later...you know start the therapy now and get it over with.

But with FA's going as it now appears to be heading with Smith and Childress ie the Hawks just waiting for the two of them to sign a contract and then match. Brand is not coming here. Magette is signing with a team that can hopefully get him a ring, that leaves?

I have seen this popping up more and more...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9368

So if it ends up being Kristic teamed with Dally what does everyone think? what was the nature of his injury and what is the probability that he has recovered? 

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nenad Kristic
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »
I'm not all too familiar with his injury so I can't really speak intelligently on that.  I truly hope it doesn't come to this, but if we were to spend most of our money on a position outside of PF (Childress, Maggette, Gordon), then I could see us signing Kristic with whatever we have left.  To his credit, he was steadily improving his numbers from year to year prior to the injury.  He was averaging about 16.5 and 7 through 26 games in 06-07 before he went down.  If he were to return to that form after we ink him to a relatively small contract then it could turn out to be a good move.... Hopefully it doesn't come to that. 

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »
He most likely won't command large dollars or long years due to his injury, and, you know, numerous reports that he's resigned to a 3 year deal at max...

A sign and trade getting rid of willie and reggie wouldn't be all that bad, and I don't think he's high on the list of priorities yet...but again, stef has inside knowledge of jersey players he doesn't have of other teams.

And if the sixers could somehow get marcus williams in the deal too....

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 12:35:24 PM »
Problem is NJ won't likely take on contracts that go past summer 2010 very easily.  If we move a big or two in acquiring other players of real need, then Kristic would be a decent gamble on the cheap.  If he really thinks he is going to be healthy this year he should sign a one year deal, put up big numbers for NJ and hit the UFA market next year in a stronger position.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 12:37:59 PM »
Reggie Evans is under contract for two more years?  Seriously?  Crap

Offline The Poster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 12:43:02 PM »
So maybe we try to max out the Hawks by offering a contract to Smith that the Hawks will match but then make Childress easier to get because they would have to tie themselves up in cap hell for the next several years. So in the end we get Kristic and Childress.

Then a Jones type for the 3 pointer.

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 12:46:02 PM »
So 36% career 3 point shooter is not good?

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 12:51:18 PM »
So maybe we try to max out the Hawks by offering a contract to Smith that the Hawks will match but then make Childress easier to get because they would have to tie themselves up in cap hell for the next several years. So in the end we get Kristic and Childress.

Then a Jones type for the 3 pointer.

That's a very realistic scenario but it's one that really doesn't make me happy. If we do go that route, I would prefer to sign these guys to 3 years at the max although I would much rather see us get set up for cap space again in 2010 when all of the big names (LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Amare) will hit the market. Then again, the Nets, Knicks, Raptors, Heat, and Suns all figure to have a substantial amount of cap space then as well so I doubt that we could lure any of those guys away.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 01:39:29 PM »
Reggie Evans is under contract for two more years?  Seriously?  Crap

Reggie, Willie and Sammy all have three more years left on their respective deals.  BK specials by signing or trade.  At least Calvin Booth is done after this year.  If we get a shooting guard this summer, Carney for Kristic is more likely to happen than Evans or Green for Kristic.