Author Topic: Condolences Laker fans.  (Read 1319 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Condolences Laker fans.
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:35:40 PM »
I haven't been posting much but I thought I should at least get this message in.  I'm sure it was a brutal game to watch.  I bailed out of the bar I was at before the 3rd quarter was even finished. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Condolences Laker fans.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 01:53:14 PM »
I haven't been posting much but I thought I should at least get this message in.  I'm sure it was a brutal game to watch.  I bailed out of the bar I was at before the 3rd quarter was even finished. 

Thanks, jn.  You're a better man than me ... I was done at halftime.  I didn't expect the Lakers to win the series, or even game 6, but it's tough giong out like that.  They laid down.  Regardless, as always, the better team won in a 7 game series. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:17:13 PM »
The Celtics wanted to send a message to the league: The Lakers were better than everyone else, but compared with us, it isn't even close.  When we're healthy, you can't touch us!

That was true this year, but next year with Bynum the Lakers are going to have a real shot.  You saw the difference Kendrik Perkins had in keeping Odom and Gasol under control.  With Bynum on the other side, we'll have a real battle.

Lakers have nothing to be ashamed of.  They accomplished a lot this season. Consider that before the season started Kobe wanted to leave.  He is fortunate that he didn't, since there's no place better for him.  LA may attract some older free-agents looking to hitch a ride to the Championship in '09.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
Brutal brutal game to watch.  To make matters worse at the end of the 3rd quarter I got a phone call on my cell phone with some bad family related news.  I actually didn't get to see them lose and anything else after.  Lucky me in that way.  Just sucks it had to be for a personal family issue. 

The Celtics not only deserved to win but after the bitterness wore off a few days later I was happy to see Paul Pierce and KG get a ring.  Paul Pierce played out of this planet and it was very impressive to watch as a basketball fan (even tho the Laker fan inside of me was WINCHING in pain).

I look at it like this.  The Lakers certainly did not deserve it.  The Celtics are a superior team.  They need to take the positives from this season and really come out the next season on a mission.  With Bynum back into the mix next year I think the Lakers have a solid shot to challenge the Celtics next year.  FINALLY this is a real rivalry again.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com