Author Topic: What % is Pierce at?  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
What % is Pierce at?
« on: June 11, 2008, 11:29:20 AM »
In the oft chance the Finals results may not scripted, after Pierces 2-14 helped the Lakers overcome a 4 pt defict, what exactly is his knees status?  Just missing his jumper or is his knee jacked up?  Of course we know it was rrrrraaaauugh Laker defense that really stopped Pierce.. ;)

With Rondo turning his ankle and being at 50%, is this series going to be decided without the refs after all?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What % is Pierce at?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »
In the oft chance the Finals results may not scripted, after Pierces 2-14 helped the Lakers overcome a 4 pt defict, what exactly is his knees status?  Just missing his jumper or is his knee jacked up?  Of course we know it was rrrrraaaauugh Laker defense that really stopped Pierce.. ;)

With Rondo turning his ankle and being at 50%, is this series going to be decided without the refs after all?

Pierce's injury is exactly the same as Manu's ... when he plays well he's fine, when he sucks he's injured.  I'm not a Dr., but he sure looked great in Game 1 when he returned and even better in Game 2. 

The refs will still decide the series, the NBA wants the Celts in 7 ... so let it be written, so let it be done. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 12:15:55 PM »
Hopefully if Pierce is injured as badly or worse then Manu, Doc will leave him in.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 05:43:29 PM »
What does it matter, since the refs were determined to keep Pierce out of the game by calling foul after foul on him??

The Celtics look to be a bit hobbled with Rondo and Pierce.  LA benefited greatly from the friendly refs.  The Celtics could never gain control in this game even though they were close at the end. The Celts big three came up light this time around, only Allen was on his game.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 07:13:39 PM »
What does it matter, since the refs were determined to keep Pierce out of the game by calling foul after foul on him??

Odom and Radmonovic were in early foul trouble as well. 

The Celtics look to be a bit hobbled with Rondo and Pierce.  LA benefited greatly from the friendly refs.  The Celtics could never gain control in this game even though they were close at the end. The Celts big three came up light this time around, only Allen was on his game.

The Lakers big three came up light as well, only Kobe was on his game.  Neither team played well offensively, but both played well defensively.  That was the difference from Games 1 and 2, that the Lakers played better defensively.  The Lakers will have to play better offensively and match their defensive effort put forth in Game 3 to have a chance of winning Game 4. 

Pierce is not hurt.  He kicked our butts in Game 1 upon his return and in Game 2 he showed no sign of injury (no limping, anything).  Give me a freaking break that this guy is hurt.  Please. 

Rondo's a different story.  If he's unable to bounce back from his ankle sprain that will be bad for Boston.  Eddie House gave them a lift with a couple of 3's last night, but he's not the guy you want running the point or playing D. 

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 09:46:28 PM »

Odom and Radmonovic were in early foul trouble as well. 

The Lakers big three came up light as well, only Kobe was on his game.  Neither team played well offensively, but both played well defensively.  That was the difference from Games 1 and 2, that the Lakers played better defensively.  The Lakers will have to play better offensively and match their defensive effort put forth in Game 3 to have a chance of winning Game 4. 

Pierce is not hurt.  He kicked our butts in Game 1 upon his return and in Game 2 he showed no sign of injury (no limping, anything).  Give me a freaking break that this guy is hurt.  Please. 

Rondo's a different story.  If he's unable to bounce back from his ankle sprain that will be bad for Boston.  Eddie House gave them a lift with a couple of 3's last night, but he's not the guy you want running the point or playing D. 

You are way too kind to Minnie Me there MSC, with his utter idiotic stupidity regarding Pierce and his fouls, he forgets this same Boston team took THIRTY EIGHT shots from the stripe to LA's 10 in game 2 against a +16 shots in the paint disparity in favor of LA, but noooo, LA gets all the calls. And Pierce being "injured" is the biggest joke I have ever heard of, besides of course anything Minnie Me says about basketball. I suppose the refs were determined to keep Odom out of the game as well. Minnie Me, you are the new Reality, I have officially determined that you have become the master.
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 01:19:37 AM »
90% just like he was in game 1 and game 2

They did a better job making the adjustment to Pierce by throwing different looks at him.  Which also saved up Kobe's energy to chase him around at the end.  I thought Ariza did a decent job off the bench and using Radman, even tho he got in foul trouble, helped as well.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com