Author Topic: Can Kobe still pass Tony Kukocs legacy?  (Read 853 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Can Kobe still pass Tony Kukocs legacy?
« on: June 09, 2008, 12:38:33 AM »
With Kobe playing a sidekick to Shaq in the Lakers repeat year and Tony Kukocs playing a sidekick to Michael Jordan in the Bulls 3peat, will a Finals loss this year, something Kukoc never had, damage Kobes drive to keep with with Kukocs?

In years without a superstar to lead them, both had admirable reg seasons leading their teams.  After Jordan left, Kukocs led the team in scoring, rebounding, and assists in 1998-99.
Kobe was no less impressive after Shaq left in leading the Lakers to three straight seasons at or near .500

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Re: Can Kobe still pass Tony Kukocs legacy?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 05:48:02 AM »
Kukoc never won a championship at as a sidekick.  Not only was he the 3rd/4th option scoring 13 ppg, but he was also coming off the bench the majority of the time. 

I mean, nice attempt to disparage Kobe, but even you can't take this seriously.  And posts like these are why nobody else takes you seriously.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can Kobe still pass Tony Kukocs legacy?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:16:17 AM »
Kukoc never won a championship at as a sidekick. 
sidekick:  "a person closely associated with another as a subordinate or partner"

I mean, nice attempt to disparage Kobe, but even you can't take this seriously.  And posts like these are why nobody else takes you seriously.

We need more flattering posts on Kobe.  I mean this seriously.