Author Topic: more bad new for the Spurs this morning...  (Read 1040 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
more bad new for the Spurs this morning...
« on: May 30, 2008, 09:20:31 AM »
I think the Spurs need to make some changes to their draftees.  If this kid does the same thing that Scola did we are wasting our time by letting them "develop" knowing that we can only pay 300k towards a player buyout. what a waste.

Spurs may lose out on Splitter
SpursReport.Com
Thursday, May 29, 2008

Like Luis Scola before him, Spurs draft pick Tiago Splitter tried to find a way to join the Spurs in San Antonio, but a contract buy-out issue kept him in Europe.

Now, the draftee has reportedly decided to choose Spain over San Antonio. Tau, the same team for which Scola played in Spain, is offering Splitter much more money than an NBA rookie could make if he stays in Europe. Indeed, many times more, so it will be difficult for Splitter to pass up the opportunity.

The Spurs would reportedly love to have both Tiago and their development team star Ian Mahinmi in the fold, but that scenario now appears doomed.

Developing...

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: more bad new for the Spurs this morning...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 09:56:22 AM »
I think the Spurs need to make some changes to their draftees.  If this kid does the same thing that Scola did we are wasting our time by letting them "develop" knowing that we can only pay 300k towards a player buyout. what a waste.

SpursReport.Com
Thursday, May 29, 2008

Like Luis Scola before him, Spurs draft pick Tiago Splitter tried to find a way to join the Spurs in San Antonio, but a contract buy-out issue kept him in Europe.

Now, the draftee has reportedly decided to choose Spain over San Antonio. Tau, the same team for which Scola played in Spain, is offering Splitter much more money than an NBA rookie could make if he stays in Europe. Indeed, many times more, so it will be difficult for Splitter to pass up the opportunity.

The Spurs would reportedly love to have both Tiago and their development team star Ian Mahinmi in the fold, but that scenario now appears doomed.

Developing...

That story might be old cause I've already read stories of Splitter signing a two year extension with his current team.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »

SpursReport.Com
Thursday, May 29, 2008

Developing...

That story might be old cause I've already read stories of Splitter signing a two year extension with his current team.

There is a unconfirmed rumor that he signed a 2 year extension at about 8 times the rookie scale...and payable in Euros.  So Spurs officials will not "comment".
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 10:29:17 AM »
what a waste of a pick. 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »

SpursReport.Com
Thursday, May 29, 2008

Developing...

There is a unconfirmed rumor that he signed a 2 year extension at about 8 times the rookie scale...and payable in Euros.  So Spurs officials will not "comment".

I was looking for the article about the signing and it turns out it was a mistake, they have retracted the story and are now saying he is CONSIDERING signing a two year extension.  There is still hope.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"