Author Topic: OK, I give up.  (Read 1105 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
OK, I give up.
« on: May 27, 2008, 10:41:13 PM »
After game 2 there was nothing to say for the single sorriest playoff performance the Spurs could have put together, then I figured ok, maybe some home cooking can help, game 3 came a long and we won.  I figured ok I will keep thinking positive and hopefully we should pull even in game 4.  nope, the game is not over, but it IS over.  what can you do when stuper-manu is playing so badly???  Barry is having a great game, but he is no Manu, he can't disrupt the way manu is suppossed to be able to.  <<<<sigh>>>>  Oh well, what can you do, here hoping that some new blood this summer can help our team get another shot at it next year. 

:'( :'( :'(
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OK, I give up.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 10:53:35 PM »
After game 2 there was nothing to say for the single sorriest playoff performance the Spurs could have put together, then I figured ok, maybe some home cooking can help, game 3 came a long and we won.  I figured ok I will keep thinking positive and hopefully we should pull even in game 4.  nope, the game is not over, but it IS over.  what can you do when stuper-manu is playing so badly???  Barry is having a great game, but he is no Manu, he can't disrupt the way manu is suppossed to be able to.  <<<<sigh>>>>  Oh well, what can you do, here hoping that some new blood this summer can help our team get another shot at it next year. 

Uhhhmmmm.... 2.1 seconds left down by 2 and the Spurs have the ball.

Do you go for the win or the tie?  At home I say you go for the tie.

STUPID STUPID LAKERS!!!!  This game was in the bag and they totally blow it!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 10:55:34 PM »
If I was a Spurs fan I would be screaming my head off! 

Barry should have gone to the FT line for 2 on that play.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 12:18:11 AM »

I disagree.  If he would have jumped in the air when he saw Fisher go up instead of try to go around him then no brainer.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 12:22:50 AM »

I disagree.  If he would have jumped in the air when he saw Fisher go up instead of try to go around him then no brainer.

Barry should have flopped ala Manu.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 12:46:16 AM »

Defense comes to mind first.  They did not get the stops they needed when they got close.  They would brick a shot to take the lead then give up an easy one on the other side right away letting the Lakers once again mantain that mental edge of being ahead.

I think it has a lot to do with the 3 point line as well.  In all the Spurs wins in the playoffs they have shot 42%.  In their losses they shot 36%.  You normally don't see Michael Finley and Robert Horry not even scratch from 3.  You also see a lot more corner 3s from Bruce Bowen over the course of 4 games.  He has been pretty quiet from that  corner he likes so much, even at home.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com