Poll

and now who to take ?

Beasley
0 (0%)
Rose
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Bulls steal #1  (Read 1527 times)

Offline atom2030

• AOL Instant Messenger - atom2030
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tomp22000
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bulls steal #1
« on: May 22, 2008, 01:06:55 AM »
What an AMAZING development in Secaucus with the Bulls grabbing the top spot from the Heat and Sonics.

And the concensous choice for that pick is either Rose or Beasley, with both players able to fill big needs for Chicago. A great scorer in the frontline commanding extra attention or a true floor general, a the Paul/Deron type.

The knack on Beasley is that he'll be lost on D against NBA PFs and does way too much on his own (And do we really want the Bulls with even less defense to become the Nuggets East?) Not sure there's a real knack on Rose, at least none I've read of.

So since you're the most knowledgeable group when it comes to the game get me your opinion. Who is the better fit for the Bulls, who of these two has the better upside?

And yeah, I know few of you care about the Bulls, and that makes you less biased than people from the Bulls boards,so please give it a try anyway ...
 ;)
===============================
Felix Skydivers '13
In honor of Felix Baumgartners adventures
... and not just because he's Austrian too

xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx-xxx
xxx-xxx

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Bulls steal #1
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 09:06:27 AM »
Depends on your draft philosophy.  Do you draft for need or do you draft for talent?  I do not know much about either guy but everyone is really high on the PG.

knack?  knock?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bulls steal #1
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 09:13:59 AM »
It's tough to say.  The Bulls need a low post scorer.  Ever since that bone head move to let Elton Brand go they haven't really had one.  That of course would lead one to believe that they go after Beasley.  All the GMs are saying that Beasley has more potential and could be a force.  Rose is the sure thing, Beasley is potentially a great player.  I think it's too early to say that but that is what I've read.

If D'Antoni was there it would have been a no brainer to go after Rose as he said he feels he is the next Steve Nash.  Rose would have been a good fit for D'Antoni's offense and with the kind of young talent he would have around him he would do more damage then he did in the Final Four.  Of course Mike D'Angreedy went to New York so it kind of muddys up the water.  The Bulls are not happy with Kirk Heinrich going from ALMOST all-star caliber a few seasons ago to completely disliked by Bulls fans.  I saw on SI rumors section that they want to package him up and ship him off.  They wanted to shop him earlier in the year as well so I think they go with Rose.

IMO the Bulls are not going to go from bottom feeder to competeting with the Celtics, Cavs, Pistons, and Magic just by getting Michael Beasley.  They still need more pieces to go along with him and since you would probably get more for Kirk Heinrich then Gooden at this point I think they go after Rose.  His play will put butts in the seats, he has a lot more talent around him to make plays with then he did in college, and you can ship Kirk Heinrich off with another player to try to get some other players.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com