Author Topic: It's too quiet...  (Read 1579 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
It's too quiet...
« on: May 20, 2008, 12:11:15 PM »
I would have thought to have heard more trash talk prior to game 1....

this is strange...

:P
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: It's too quiet...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:26:19 PM »
The collusion has already started...and the NBA can control the FAA now.

Tough Night on the Plane for the Spurs

May 20, 2008 1:31 PM
During a post-game interview last night, San Antonio guard Tony Parker divulged proudly that the Spurs team had packed and was ready to go straight from New Orleans to Los Angeles to spend the night.

Smart move! Coaching legend John Wooden wrote, in his book, that a good night's sleep is very tough to get the night before a big game, because of all the excitement. So, the night before that, in Wooden's eyes, was the crucial one. After a three hour flight, the Spurs should have been in a nice hotel with time to sleep, and more than a day and a half before Game 1 against the Lakers.

However, there was, evidently, trouble.

League sources confirm this report from French radio station RMC, who talked to Parker later in the night (in French) saying the team plane wasn't ready to go, so the Spurs could not, in fact, get to their luxury beds in Los Angeles.

They also, according to this report from Parker, couldn't return to their hotel in New Orleans, as the Crescent City was overbooked, apparently because of a large telecommunications convention.

So, Parker is quoted as saying, the team learned at about 2 am that they would sleep on the plane, and fly at about 7 am local time.

The Spurs use the charter service Champion Air. The flight tracking service Flight Aware shows a Champion Air 727 that matches the Spurs' flight path, and matches the schedule that Parker reported -- departing at 7:08 Central this morning, and arriving in Los Angeles just a short time ago.

Good thing us Spurs fans now have an excuse.   ;D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:31:27 PM »
The collusion has already started...and the NBA can control the FAA now.

Tough Night on the Plane for the Spurs

May 20, 2008 1:31 PM
During a post-game interview last night, San Antonio guard Tony Parker divulged proudly that the Spurs team had packed and was ready to go straight from New Orleans to Los Angeles to spend the night.

Smart move! Coaching legend John Wooden wrote, in his book, that a good night's sleep is very tough to get the night before a big game, because of all the excitement. So, the night before that, in Wooden's eyes, was the crucial one. After a three hour flight, the Spurs should have been in a nice hotel with time to sleep, and more than a day and a half before Game 1 against the Lakers.

However, there was, evidently, trouble.

League sources confirm this report from French radio station RMC, who talked to Parker later in the night (in French) saying the team plane wasn't ready to go, so the Spurs could not, in fact, get to their luxury beds in Los Angeles.

They also, according to this report from Parker, couldn't return to their hotel in New Orleans, as the Crescent City was overbooked, apparently because of a large telecommunications convention.

So, Parker is quoted as saying, the team learned at about 2 am that they would sleep on the plane, and fly at about 7 am local time.

The Spurs use the charter service Champion Air. The flight tracking service Flight Aware shows a Champion Air 727 that matches the Spurs' flight path, and matches the schedule that Parker reported -- departing at 7:08 Central this morning, and arriving in Los Angeles just a short time ago.

Good thing us Spurs fans now have an excuse.   ;D

The Lakers collusion gets better round by round.  In round 1 the Denver bus caught on fire on the way to game 1.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 01:39:55 PM »
I think both sides respect each other squads a lot and that is why there has not been trash talking....yet.  Wait for the series to start and close games go in the opposite direction of what each fan wants.  Then the insults will fly.  You forget the Lakers/Jazz trash talking wasn't really there until it started to get chippy in games 3 and 4.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 02:38:58 PM »
I think it is respect as well.  Like you said, the smack talk will come eventually.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 02:59:17 PM »
I can't believe how old our team is now....seems like we just got Tim last year...man, I wish the guys had more time to rest.  Maybe it will be a good thing for us to not get much time between rounds.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 03:19:56 PM »
I can't believe how old our team is now....seems like we just got Tim last year...man, I wish the guys had more time to rest.  Maybe it will be a good thing for us to not get much time between rounds.

You let those old Spurs bones and muscles cool off they are likely to lock up and leave them paralyzed.  IMO TD, TP and Manuella should all give their milk money to Kurt Thomas for safe keeping if they know what's good for them.  :P
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 03:28:42 PM »

You let those old Spurs bones and muscles cool off they are likely to lock up and leave them paralyzed.  IMO TD, TP and Manuella should all give their milk money to Kurt Thomas for safe keeping if they know what's good for them.  :P

I am sure beating up the old farts would make you REAL proud! 

After a nice senior breakfast at Denny's the Spurs should be ready for action.   ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »

After a nice senior breakfast at Denny's the Spurs should be ready for action.   ;)

I think it is total BS that the Spurs get old age handicapped parking spots at Staples.  The visiting team should have to walk a 1/2 to get to the arena.  Don't even get me started on the 1/2 priced latte's for seniors!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »

I think it is total BS that the Spurs get old age handicapped parking spots at Staples.  The visiting team should have to walk a 1/2 to get to the arena.  Don't even get me started on the 1/2 priced latte's for seniors!

But what really kills the Spurs is the half-priced baskets.  It makes it tougher when you have to score 2 for every 1 that the young whippersnappers get.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 04:24:04 PM »
You would think JazzMal would have joined our bandwagon since we are senior supportive!  Plus, he would love the pudding and prune juice buffets!!   ;)