Author Topic: Bob Horry D-ing up West  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bob Horry D-ing up West
« on: May 17, 2008, 11:55:30 AM »

Some (not on this board) have made the ascertion that Bob was taking out David West ala Steve Nash style.  As the .gif shows, West is clearly travelling backwords and inititates contact with Bob.  Bob merely holds his ground.  Watch Wests feet and movement.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bob Horry D-ing up West
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 12:01:17 PM »
D 'Oh!  The FRAN*s could have a field day with this one.

Bob was not on "D".  The way the play developes it's as if he was tho.
Thank you. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »

Thank you. 

What in the hell are you talking about?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 02:22:29 PM »

Thank you. 

What in the hell are you talking about?

He's just so owned he's trying to make something out of nothing hoping to win ONE!  ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 04:42:04 PM »
Thanks FRAN*s.
My subject was "D-ing up".  Spurs are actually on O.

And there is plenty of whining from the Hornets.  Especially the new uber puss Golden Boi Chris Paul.  I think some more collusion should take place to get him in a Laker uniform.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...1054a96b0.html

Buck Harvey: Return to cheap-shot Rob: He's left with one response
Robert Horry?s reputation has preceded him.

The Hornets think Horry may have intended to do what he did to David West.

Put anyone else inside of the No. 25 jersey, and what happened Thursday would have been a basketball play with an unfortunate ending. But not just anyone was inside of No. 25. Horry was. When West fell to the ground in pain, ESPN cued up the tape from last year, and the connection was made.

In another second round, in another potentially series-changing moment, Horry had bumped into another guy with a bad back.

Horry?s response?

He has only one.

Horry knows the end is coming, and he?s already been thinking about his next career. He thinks coaching might be fun, but Horry has also wondered if he would be a good fit as an NBA coach.

?I know the attitude of some of the guys in this league,? he said a few months ago, and then he acted as if these kinds of players were standing in front of him.

He smiled as he pointed at each imaginary player. ?I?d be like, ?Cut, cut, cut.'?

That?s the Horry who has a sense of humor. That?s also the Horry who could be thinking about his next career as early as Monday.

And that?s the Horry who believes in the old-school attitude. He believes in guys who know the game and have experience, and the Spurs will lean on this in Game 7.

But Horry has never been known as particularly rough. He won seven rings with clutch shots and the good fortune of playing with great players.

That perception changed a year ago with Steve Nash, when Horry stuck out a hip.

Nothing was as spectacular Thursday. Whereas Nash was finishing off a win, West was slugging through another bad one. He finished with only 10 points.

None of this should make the Spurs feel confident about Monday. West had scored only 10 points in Game 4, too, and then he rebounded with a dominant 38 points in Game 5.

This time he had an excuse. After he iced his sore back Tuesday night, teammates noticed West walking gingerly into the arena Thursday.

Tim Duncan?s defense didn?t make him feel any better, nor did an inbounds botch to start the third quarter. Tony Parker took that gift for a layup and a nine-point Spurs lead.

Then came a rash of fouls against West and Chris Paul that made them feel as if they had their own Joey Crawford in the AT&T Center. After the two of them had been called for four fouls in about a minute, Paul leaned over the scorer?s table with a smirk.

"It's like they got a phone call at halftime, Paul said of the referees. And they said, Let them boys win."  

Them boys didn?t pull away until later, when Manu Ginobili and Ime Udoka began to throw in threes. Then, with the Spurs ahead by 21, West jumped just as Horry picked from behind.

?He took a good shot in the back,? Byron Scott said afterward.

They would say more in private, and Tyson Chandler summed up the mood of the locker room when asked if Horry's blow had been intended for someone already with a bad back. Chandler admitted to not seeing the play, but Horry?s presence confirmed the worst.  I wouldnt doubt it, Chandler said.

They were angrier when the crowd chanted Horry?s name about that time, with West on the ground and in pain, and the Hornets had every reason to be angry. Horry deserved to have his name chanted at some point, considering Thursday could have been his last game in San Antonio. But not then.

For Horry, all of it added to his reputation. But just as it?s unlikely to think he knew he could persuade a few Suns to walk off the bench and into suspensions, isn?t it as implausible to believe he targeted West at his medical weakness and tried to injure him?

No one will give him this benefit of the doubt. There?s the connection, after all.

So he will do next what he?s done more than anyone in history, which is walk out into another playoff game. Then Horry will give the only response he?s capable of.

No one is made for a Game 7 like he is, after all.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 04:44:17 PM by Reality »

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 08:17:03 PM »
Yeah Horry "D'inged" West up good.  8)
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 09:35:16 PM »
^^ Ya know, one can't help but wonder if Bob didn't intentionally tilt yet another title his teams way.  ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 11:23:25 AM »
^^ Ya know, one can't help but wonder if Bob didn't intentionally tilt yet another title his teams way.  ;)

To me it looked like he was trying to set a screen so that Manu could take the baseline under the rim to get a layup or kick out.  If you watch closely at the replay you will see that Horry doesn't see Manu go up to pass the ball.  His head is turned while he is setting the screen.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com