Author Topic: Do the Pistons appear to be getting stronger as the playoffs progress?  (Read 1356 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
I have not watched a Pistons game from start to finish so I don't know, just wondering if anyone has seen a change in their play from round 1 to round 2.

What a total rip off on that 3 point play where the clock did not start.  The shot should not have counted and it probably altered the outcome of the game, the late game tactics were affected at a minimum.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Right now they remind me of a big rig.  At first they started off really slow, barely churning through the first gears against the Sixers.   As they get going they look like they are going to be very tough to stop.

For some odd reason I've caught most of the Piston games in the playoffs this year.  I normally don't watch the EC series as closely as I do the WC ones until in conference finals.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 04:05:17 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
I'm not sure how you feel that the Pistons are getting stronger -- the let Philly beat them twice in the first round (one was a blowout by 20 points).  Then they barely beat the Magic (definately not an upper tier team) with a time clock "malfunction" and some serious last minute homecourt reffing. 

The Pistons are still a good team but at this point they don't look invincible at all -- they might come out of the Eastern Conference but it will have more to do with the failings of the Celts than it will the strength of the Pistons.

Right now it's all a crap shoot for who wins the EC.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Nice catch Randolph and i see Orlando pounded Det tonight.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Reality, you need to look at more than just the final score -- Billups went down in the first quarter -- the Pistons won't win this series without Chauncey.  He is their leader.  Everything I said still stands but it would have been a totally different game if Billups would have played the entire game.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Reality, you need to look at more than just the final score -- Billups went down in the first quarter -- the Pistons won't win this series without Chauncey.  He is their leader.  Everything I said still stands but it would have been a totally different game if Billups would have played the entire game.

How do you stop a big rig?  With a runaway ankle (not to be confused with a runaway truck ramp).
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com