Author Topic: Bob Horry available  (Read 4129 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bob Horry available
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 01:11:34 PM »
Yeah one can.  Comparing 25 minute stints in two consecutive years at the exact same position most certainly can be compared.  You've got the Sesame Street Bunch on your side, that's it.  You can have their wringing endorsement. :D :D ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 01:14:54 PM »
Sadly this has to be pointed out but....

Just because a player plays the same position doesn't mean they play the same role.  For example Michael Finley and BAWRdog play the same position but are asked to play two different roles. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 01:16:35 PM »
 :D :D B-Rad,
Finley and Barrdawg are asked to play almost identical roles on the Spurs.  Esp 2005 compared to 2006.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »
Yeah one can.  Comparing 25 minute stints in two consecutive years at the exact same position most certainly can be compared.  You've got the Sesame Street Bunch on your side, that's it.  You can have their wringing endorsement. :D :D ;)

No, you can't.  Once Finley joined the team it changed the dynamic of the roster.  It changed Pop's substitution patterns.  If you want to compare Barry's performance prior to Finley joining the team to Barry's performance after Finley joined the team then it is a valid comparison.  But you can't compare Barry's 2005 performance to Finley's 2006 performance.

But just to humor you...

2005 playoffs:  Brent Barry
13 games/2 starts   23.2 minutes  7.8 pts, 2.5 reb, 1.7 assts, .7 stls, 2.2 fouls

2006 playoffs: Michael Finley
13 games/4 starts  31.6 minutes  10.5 pts, 3.8 reb, 1.4 assts, .6 stls, 1.5 fouls

Looks like Finley was better...more points, more rebs, less fouls.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 01:39:08 PM »
Defense.  You can post 50% of the game but you're ignoring D.  Team D, Barry played great team D in '05.  I was there.  And besides, given Finleys 30% more minutes looks like he did not score more, reb more, certainly not assist more  ;)

What is Bob Horrys health status?

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 01:53:11 PM »
Defense.  You can post 50% of the game but you're ignoring D.  Team D, Barry played great team D in '05.  I was there.  And besides, given Finleys 30% more minutes looks like he did not score more, reb more, certainly not assist more  ;)

So you're saying Brent Barry is a better defender than Michael Finley?  Regardless of whether you're talking about team D or individual D I would disagree.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 02:01:14 PM »
Defense.  You can post 50% of the game but you're ignoring D. 

No generally rebounding and fouls are more defensively related than offense.  Besides this comment coming from you is like Paris Hilton asking for subway change.  Un-fricken-believable!

What is Bob Horrys health status?

And what exactly does this have to do with comparing Finley & Barry from different years?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2008, 02:06:12 PM »

So you're saying Brent Barry is a better defender than Michael Finley?  Regardless of whether you're talking about team D or individual D I would disagree.
  2005 Barry played playoff Spurs team D as well as he could.
I think Finley and Barrdog are equally good/bad on D.  Finley is much better this year then last year, as most Spurs insiders say it takes a fair amount of new Spurs players a year to learn and get comfortable with Pops system.  Most likey so with an all "O" ex Nellie Mavs player like Finley.  Not always true tho as Barrdog and Nazr played some great team help D in the 2005 Championship year.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2008, 03:10:28 PM »
LOL now Barry is the better defender!?!?! HAHA  Never ever in Barry's career was he a better defender then Michael Finley.  Not in 05.  Not in 02.  Not ever.

And stop with the Spurs insiders talk...Lurker already proved you don't have insiders in the NBDL thread.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com