Author Topic: Isiah's NY Tenure--In his own words  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Isiah's NY Tenure--In his own words
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:03:22 AM »
This is a must-read article people. You truly get the full effect of Isiah's moronic insanity.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/richard_deitsch/04/18/isiah.quotes/index.html
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Isiah's NY Tenure--In his own words
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:40:35 AM »
and now the front runner is Mark Jackson?  This according to Van Gundy and Mike Breen during ABCs telecast yesterday.

How can franchise with the marketing potential of the Knicks be so screwed up?

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 10:46:09 AM »
Anyone think that the reason why Walsh was hired was just to fire Isaiah?  He's already fired him once -- we all know that Dolan can't admit he is wrong so he hands the reins over to Walsh and gives him "free power" KNOWING that Walsh's first job would be to axe Thomas.  Pretty funny.

Thomas is an egotistical maniac who STILL thinks he is a great GM and coach and he thinks somehow that he really thinks that he done a good job in NY?   :o  That even has Reality beat (although not by much).

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 12:42:47 PM »
I was glad to hear the news, this is great news for the knicks, I just feel bad for the next team that hires Isiah.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 06:52:36 PM »

Kind of makes your Sternfish, the-nba-fixes-the-league-for-the-big-markets talk seem foolish doesn't it?

Those were some of the most dellusional comments i've ever read in a row.  Was he hyping up Marbury as a top 10 player?  Was he ever in his career a top ten player in this league?  Did he speak about Jerome James as if he was Dikembe Mutumbo's son?  How would he try to sugar coat a pathetic season by saying it's not the coaches fault or the players fault but not saying it was any of his fault?!

My favorite quote?

"I only know one way out, and that's to put your hard hat on and start digging."
-- AP, Dec. 13, 2007

He sure is staying true to this one.  The Knicks have dug themselves such a huge hole they won't get out of it for a really long time.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 08:01:49 PM »

Kind of makes your Sternfish, the-nba-fixes-the-league-for-the-big-markets talk seem foolish doesn't it?

Those were some of the most dellusional comments i've ever read in a row.  Was he hyping up Marbury as a top 10 player?  Was he ever in his career a top ten player in this league?  Did he speak about Jerome James as if he was Dikembe Mutumbo's son?  How would he try to sugar coat a pathetic season by saying it's not the coaches fault or the players fault but not saying it was any of his fault?!

My favorite quote?

"I only know one way out, and that's to put your hard hat on and start digging."
-- AP, Dec. 13, 2007

He sure is staying true to this one.  The Knicks have dug themselves such a huge hole they won't get out of it for a really long time.

My favorite quote was the one about a guy like Eddy Curry comming along once every 15 to 20 years.  LOL!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 08:36:27 PM »
This is a very sad day for professional sports.  Sports are for entertainment, and there was nothing more entertaining than watching that train wreck of a franchise.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 08:44:54 AM »
It will take years for the Knicks organization to dig themselves out of this hole.

They have:
  Marbury for the next two years:   20 M  27 M
  Randolph for the next four years: 13 M, 15 M,  16 M,  17 M
  Curry for the next four years:       9 M,  10 M, 10 M,  11 M
  Q Richardson for three years:       8 M,   9 M,   9 M
  Crawford for the next four years:  8 M,   9 M,   9 M,   10 M
  Rose for the next two years:        7 M,   8 M
  James for the next three years:    6 M,   6 M,   6.5 M
  Jeffries for the next four years:    6 M,   6 M,   6.5 M,  7 M

This is a little better than I originally thought -- they are going to have to wait for a couple of bloated contracts to expire (Randolph, Curry, Crawford and Jeffries).  Some of these guys are decent players they are just paying them too much money.  The Knicks ARE going to tank for a couple of years unless you can find another GM as stupid as Thomas to trade them to.  But in two years, the Knicks salary will be at $58 million and the year after that, they only have $28 million on the books.  Knicks fans are going to have to be patient with the rebuilding process but it won't take as long as I previously thought. 

I did find it interesting that Walsh stated that the Knicks would become fiscally responsible and get under the salary cap.  That's bad news for the fans of NY -- it's a DEFINITE advantage to have an owner who is willing to go over the cap and Dolan can afford to do it in NY's market if he puts a team on the court that can compete for a title. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in NY.  Would the Pacers be willing to trade O'Neal for Randolph or Curry?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 09:49:13 AM »
Would the Pacers be willing to trade O'Neal for Randolph or Curry?

would you trade a better player who actually plays like he carries with an expiring contract for a worse player with worse effort and a long-term contract?