Author Topic: It's a race between Phila. and Washington.  (Read 1607 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
It's a race between Phila. and Washington.
« on: April 09, 2008, 03:45:40 PM »
4. Cleveland is 42 -35  Last 10: 4-6 
5. Washington is 40-37     6-4         
6. Phila. is 39 - 38            6-4       

With 5 games left Cleveland could end up sliding all the way to 6th, with either Phila. or Washington moving up to the 4th spot.

Tonight, Phila. plays Detroit, but it looks like they are resting players and aren't too concerned about winning. The Wizards play Boston who up until now has been chewing up everybody. Cleveland is at home against New Jersey who probably has to win this game or will be eliminated from the playoffs.

I expect the Sixers to win, Washington to loose and New Jersey to live one more day.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: It's a race between Phila. and Washington.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 06:34:56 PM »
I still don't think they will catch them Rick.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 04:40:41 PM »
Maybe not, but right now what else is there for a Sixers fan to do?  The team is still fighting for the best playoff slot it can.

Last night, they handled the Pistons with no problem, but the Pistons rested their starters in the fourth quarter, so it was no test.  Unfortunately, Washington beat Boston, and Cleveland also won, so the Sixers are two back with 4 to go. 

If they win out, they can pass Washington for the 5th or 4th spot. Although they will have the same record the Sixers will earn the tie-breaker with a victory over them. They have a game against both Cleveland and Washington yet to come.

The dangerous game is the one coming up with the Pacers, who are desperately trying to be the team with the honor of loosing to the Celtics in the opening round. With J.O. back they are all of sudden winning - 7 of their last 10.

With LeBron back in the line-up chances are diminished for the Sixers to catch them, but it's more important to ensure that we play Cleveland in the first round, since I think Phila. can beat them.  I think Orlando gives the Sixers problems, even though going through that side of the bracket could get the Sixers all the way to the Conference Finals before meeting Boston.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 05:00:41 PM »
Maybe not, but right now what else is there for a Sixers fan to do?  The team is still fighting for the best playoff slot it can.

Last night, they handled the Pistons with no problem, but the Pistons rested their starters in the fourth quarter, so it was no test.  Unfortunately, Washington beat Boston, and Cleveland also won, so the Sixers are two back with 4 to go. 

If they win out, they can pass Washington for the 5th or 4th spot. Although they will have the same record the Sixers will earn the tie-breaker with a victory over them. They have a game against both Cleveland and Washington yet to come.

The dangerous game is the one coming up with the Pacers, who are desperately trying to be the team with the honor of loosing to the Celtics in the opening round. With J.O. back they are all of sudden winning - 7 of their last 10.

With LeBron back in the line-up chances are diminished for the Sixers to catch them, but it's more important to ensure that we play Cleveland in the first round, since I think Phila. can beat them.  I think Orlando gives the Sixers problems, even though going through that side of the bracket could get the Sixers all the way to the Conference Finals before meeting Boston.

What is a Sixer fan to do?  Be happy as hell how fast this season turned around for the squad.  I think its important for them to stay close but as long as they dont sit in 7th or 8th they are in very good shape.  It would be a major let down for all these young players to have to see Detroit or Boston in the first round.  Now if they see anyone else, I think they have a legit shot at getting into the next round. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:57:47 PM »
9 points in the 4th?
After being tied up.  What was t-h-a-t?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 11:11:46 AM »
HORRIBLE 4th.  Crazy how one quarter at the end of the season hurts a team in the hunt.  Looks like Philly is going to see Detroit in the first round instead of someone else.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 12:07:15 AM »
Sometimes I hate being right, sorry Derek, Minnie Me, but your boys are toast first round.
Dan