Author Topic: OT peridontal work  (Read 742 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
OT peridontal work
« on: April 10, 2008, 11:06:57 AM »
Peridontal work when your gums are jacked up.
An acquaintance whose father was a dentist says you can do the same thing they do by doing one tooth at a time.  He says get the exact same scraper they use at WalMart.  I kid you not.  As to having to be anesthysed (sp), he says the only reason they do that is they are trying to buzz thru a quadrant at a time at a price of at least $200 per quad, some want upwards of $300 per quadrant.

What do you guys think?  Can you scrape your own teeth above the gumline and save $1000-1,400 or does this sound like disaster waiting to happen?

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT peridontal work
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 03:05:12 PM »
$1000 ?!? What are you talking about? My dentist visits are $110 a pop for cleanings and x-rays.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT peridontal work
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »
No Ted not exposed teeth cleaning, the above is where the teeth go underneath and into the gumline.  Bunch of tooth underneath the gums before they connect to the jaw.  If you have never had them cleaned under the gums, chances are you've got a bunch of built up stuff on the teeth.  Goal is to avoid gum infections along with receding gumline.  Or if gum infection is already there, cleaning here will help. 

Water picks are good imo.