Author Topic: Congrats Jazz fans  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Jazz fans
« on: April 04, 2008, 10:38:50 PM »
Your team stepped up the intensity and physical play in the second/third quarters.  And the Spurs didn't match it.  Big win by your guys. The playoffs are going to be brutal.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Congrats Jazz fans
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 12:22:18 AM »
If everyone (well, except for Houston) can get healthy (and stay that way), there won't be any guarantees in the first round.  I hope that's the case -- from the NCAA Final Four to the Western Conference playoffs -- there is going to be some GREAT basketball this year.

It will be interesting to see how the standings pan out in the end -- some of the matchups would be very interesting.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 01:09:19 AM »
I sure want the Spurs to finish ahead of the Jazz for homecourt.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 01:52:20 AM »
The Mavs seem ripe for the picking, they look lost.  If I had my choice I would want to play the Mavs in the first round.  Not sure who I would want 2nd.  GS is a matchup nightmare but they will probably have a hard time making the playoffs since they will lose tiebreakers to both Dallas and Denver, not 100% sure about Denver holding the tiebreaker over them.  Denver could pose problems as well with two 30+ point scorers on the squad who could get hot a the flip of the switch.  IMO Paul will not be enough to get his team over the 1st round hump.

I would really like the Lakers to eventually meet the Suns and Spurs in the playoffs and prevail.  Despite the huge loss tonight from the Spurs, they are a steady team, the Lakers play in spurts and that could be disasterous agaisnt the Spurs.  The Jazz seem like their are poised to be the dark horse.  Like everyone has said, this years playoffs will be one for the ages.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 11:10:45 AM »
The Mavs seem ripe for the picking, they look lost.  If I had my choice I would want to play the Mavs in the first round.  Not sure who I would want 2nd. 
Agree.  Props to the Lakers for keeping up the intensity when down thruout a lot of the 4th and especially the last couple minutes, but the Mavs just looked indeed lost, especially the final minute.  JKidd so obviously does not want to take a shot.  The shot attempt is so obviously going to Dirk that defenses can plan on this for years in advance.
No diversity on O.

Are they also all tuning out Avery Johnson?  Looks that way to me.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »
The Mavs seem ripe for the picking, they look lost.  If I had my choice I would want to play the Mavs in the first round.  Not sure who I would want 2nd.  GS is a matchup nightmare but they will probably have a hard time making the playoffs since they will lose tiebreakers to both Dallas and Denver, not 100% sure about Denver holding the tiebreaker over them.  Denver could pose problems as well with two 30+ point scorers on the squad who could get hot a the flip of the switch.  IMO Paul will not be enough to get his team over the 1st round hump.

I would really like the Lakers to eventually meet the Suns and Spurs in the playoffs and prevail.  Despite the huge loss tonight from the Spurs, they are a steady team, the Lakers play in spurts and that could be disasterous agaisnt the Spurs.  The Jazz seem like their are poised to be the dark horse.  Like everyone has said, this years playoffs will be one for the ages.

I don't want to turn this into a Laker thread but I don't mind the Lakers playing offense in spurts but defense is something I would like to see them play consistency.  It's still obvious that the Lakers are lacking in the middle -- if Bynum doesn't come back, the Lakers will have to look to really contend for a title next year.  I love Turiaf but he is best when he comes off the bench -- it gives a huge boost of energy and he can play against most opponents back-ups quite well, IMO.

The Jazz displayed tenacity and focus the entire game.  Okur was HUGE last night -- most big men don't want to play a big guy on the three point line.  I was surprised to see the Spurs fizzle in the second half -- very uncharacteristic of the Spurs.  As a fan of a team who thought they could just "turn on the switch in the playoffs" -- I hope that the Spurs don't develop that mindset.  The Lakers had that focus mainly because Shaq thought he could dog the regular season and then just focus on the playoffs.  It's a really bad mindset to develop. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 06:00:24 PM »
Are they also all tuning out Avery Johnson?  Looks that way to me.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Avery is a control FREAK.  He does not take ONE single play off, not even a fast break.  Avery is constantly barking at his team, he completely destroys any confidence his team, especially his PG, may have.  Jerry Sloan used to call 100% of the SET offensive plays in the past YET he was not ANNOYING about it.  Pop is very much in control of the Spurs yet he is not over burdening about it either.  Avery should be fired as soon as the season is over because he is a detrement to his team, I have never seen any coach act the way he does on the sidelines on EVERY single possesion.  If the Mavs are going to do anything, they need to tune Avery out now and then.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 11:11:51 AM »
Thanks for the props, Lurker.

I still see inside defense potentially being the undoing of Utah in the playoffs.  If they meet up with any team with a bruising frontline with some offensive firepower, they could be in real trouble.  Okur/Boozer just don't know what the meaning of defense is.  Do get any kind of decent defense inside, you have to give Millsap minutes; question is who has to sit? 
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."