Author Topic: Nice win by the Lakers. GS is scary.  (Read 797 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Nice win by the Lakers. GS is scary.
« on: March 25, 2008, 01:18:32 AM »
The matchup nightmare they present is really a challenge.  Nellie really forces teams to play his style.  Even though Ronnie is providing incredible defense in the paint, it is too much to ask of him considering his size.  IMO Ronnie provides better interior defense vs the Warrior than Gasol would but IMO Bynum would help the Lakers alot.  I would also like to see Ariza back to lock down either Jackson or Harrington.  There is not much anyone can do about Davis or Ellis that Kobe and Fisher are not already doing, where the Lakers need help is on Jackson and Harrington.  Lamar is a good option on big Al but having Davis, Ellis and Jackson on the floor at the same time leaves the Lakers with bad options on Jackson.  The Laker defenders are either too small or too slow to stick Jax.

GS is going to be a scary matchup for anyone in the 1st round considering their style of play, personnel, coach and giant killer swagger carried over from last year.  The Spurs, Jazz and healthy Lakers should knock them out but the other teams should be concerned.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Nice win by the Lakers. GS is scary.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 09:58:34 AM »
I don't think the matchup is a nightmare.  Clearly they had problems with Bynum earlier in the year.  They didn't get to see Gasol at all.  The Warriors are just too small to be able to win a series against any team with half way decent rebounding and a solid post threat IMO.  Lamar Odom posted back to back 20+ rebounding games against them.  Kobe back to back 10+ rebounding games.  Could you imagine what the rebounding edge would have been had they had Bynum in there?  I do think they would be a tough matchup for anyone but I don't think they are a nightmare.  They remind me of PHX but less efficient because a lot of their game is one on one ball whereas PHX of course had Nash.  Kobe said before the game he thought they were like PHX on steroids, I disagree.  They play more 1 on 1 on 1 on 1 on 1 ball.

The Lakers made them look even better then they normally are by not listening to the coaching staff, making bone head mistakes at the very end of the game, and not attacking the zone.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:01:53 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com